Hide
7 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: Organizing my brother's Zombicide collection rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Bernard
msg tools
My brother, Grim1976, has an enormous collection of Zombicide that includes S1, 2 copies of PO, 2 copies of TCM, 2 sets of dogs and zombie dogz and almost all of the optional stuff. The problem was his collection looks like this:

This was pretty much a nightmare to transport and break out for game night at the FLGS. Plus he has started painting the hordes, and I thought maybe a little foam core would help straighten it out and make it less likely that he'd chip up his minis after he painted them. After a few weeks of figuring out how to work with foam core, his collection looks like this:

and fits in this for transport:

It's ugly and it weighs 30lbs, but it travels well. Most of the boxes don't close completely, as you can see here:

but everything stays put and the minis don't hit each other.

This is what each box now holds. The box to the far right holds all the duplicate tiles, tokens, extra dice, etc. It's not necessary to play the game with published scenarios, but the extras make custom scenarios possible.

This tray holds the dashboards and duplicate/extra spawn and item cards.

This holds tokens, XP trackers and the first player skull. Made a small lift out to save space.

This is what the zeds are kept in.

I made this tray to house the dice and the spawn/item/wound decks. I left one side open for season 3. I also made a small lift out tray for the dice. The original aboms ended up housed under that for space saving purposes.

This tray houses the aboms and the survivors that were too tall to fit in a standard tray.

The survivors and their undead alter egos.

This is my first project with foam core, I followed a lot of advice from people on these forums as well as the Esoteric Order of Gamers. It's not perfect, but it's working so far. Now to see what Season 3 throws at us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Beyke
United States
Louisville
KY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That foamcore looks way more space efficient than the battlefoam trays. Wish I had some of that. I currently have no where for all my extra survivors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Do you actually need all this stuff for a gaming session? I mean, two copies of TCM and PO? Why? Just bring the tiles if you really feel the need to. You don't need all those tokens and zombies (which just makes the game easier). Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
Do you actually need all this stuff for a gaming session? I mean, two copies of TCM and PO? Why? Just bring the tiles if you really feel the need to. You don't need all those tokens and zombies (which just makes the game easier). Just my 2 cents.

My thought. Why bring 4 (FOR) Toxic Abominations? Out of my 200+ sessions, I've only seen 2 Toxic Abominations on the table at the same time, twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bernard
msg tools
While I can see your point about the number of games, pieces, etc, this was posted to show my solution to storing the collection as it is. My primary concern was getting all the bonus content out of the small boxes and into the main boxes in a way that would protect paint jobs. As far as how many zeds is too many, I don't really care one way or the other. Give me Kurt with a nailbat and bring on the aboms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Reznor
msg tools
mb
Personally, I couldn't live with the boxes not closing properly. That would keep me awake at night. Do I have a problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
9inchnail wrote:
Personally, I couldn't live with the boxes not closing properly. That would keep me awake at night. Do I have a problem?

No.

At least not with regard to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.