Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Mackie
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ursuppe: Replicating amoebae for Brad, Alex, Pat and me.
Alex went his usual route of Streamline and Movement 1, Pat got Struggle for Survival, I picked up Substitution and Division Rate (and eventually SforS), while Brad picked up Frugality, Spores, and just about everything else he could get his hands on.
For most of this game I trailed at the back, and after about turn 2 or 3 Pat had leap-frogged (or should that be leapt-frog?) from 3rd to 1st, where he stayed.
As in all games of Ursuppe there is some polarising of food sources on the board. I became stuck down at the west end, drowning in a sea of my own green faecal pellets, to the extent that the stock of green cubes was always at the point of exhaustion. Without Movement or Spores, the latter Brad collected ahead of me only because of turn order, the only way I could crawl out of my poisoned patch was by organic growth, ie; new offspring edging towards “less green” pastures, one square at a time. Eventually I did pick up Spores after Brad discarded it, but ironically all of my reproduction after that point was in adjacent squares anyway.
The scores were close in the end, but Pat managed to retain his early lead throughout, with Struggle for Survival definitely being the key factor.
105 mins start to finish.
Results: Pat: 46. Paul: 45. Brad: 41. Al: 40.
Originally posted on www.themineshaftgap.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.