Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Gresik
United States
Bolingbrook
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say "A successful defend will protect the Region and negate the Dire's ability"

In regard to the bolded, the sea serpent clearly has his ability kick in before the defense (as does the scorpion in the PnP). But all of the others (i.e. the ghost if someone is in the ruins to defend, the harpy if someone is in the mountains, etc.) would each be negated if a hero in that region defends for two health, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikoms wrote:
The rules say "A successful defend will protect the Region and negate the Dire's ability"

In regard to the bolded, the sea serpent clearly has his ability kick in before the defense (as does the scorpion in the PnP). But all of the others (i.e. the ghost if someone is in the ruins to defend, the harpy if someone is in the mountains, etc.) would each be negated if a hero in that region defends for two health, right?

That is correct. The ability can be defended if not otherwise stated on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted a moment ago to another thread about dire enemies - if this is the official ruling, you probably want to re-word the ghost. My copy of the PnP says, "When the ghost comes into play...".

It kinda has to be in play before you can defend against it, no? It would be better just to say, "The ghost deals 2 damage to one player (in any region)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.