Kyle K
Canada
flag msg tools
Was in a Month 1 OP tournament yesterday and was running Beasts against Hawkeye Longbow.

I read a couple places in this forum that Hawkeye's "When Fielded" ability doesn't resolve damage until end of combat. Thus, the same Beast my opponent would try to KO could still block and trigger his ability before assigning damage at end of turn. This is how I understand it from the rule book as well. However, the organizer and others at the tournament said this is incorrect, and that Beast would be KO'd immediately.

Fortunately, this didn't actually come up given he rolled a 3/1 Hawkeye against my 2/4 Beasts, but I'm sure it'll be important in the future – so any sort of clear, official guidance would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawkeye-Longbow states "When fielded, Hawkeye deals his attack value in damage to a target opposing character."

Hawkeye's not "attacking" and Beast isn't "blocking" which occur after the main step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
see page 10 of the rulebook

Eric Turn 3

(from a force beam BAC)
"since each sidekick took 1 damage and each sidekick has 1 defense, they are all knocked out..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle K
Canada
flag msg tools
So Beast is KO'd. Got it. Good to know. Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.