Subject: Modify Dead Tower to Hold iPhone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
I modified a dead tower to hold an iPhone running my Dark Tower replacement iOS app. It was quite easy to do. All you need is a phillips screw driver and a 2x2x4 block of wood.

1. Remove the four screws holding the bottom on and remove the bottom.
2. Disconnect the leads coming from the battery box to the circuit board.
3. Disconnect the keyboard ribbon cable from the circuit board.
4. Remove all screws you see (except for the one hold the gear).
5. Now you should be able to pull the top of the tower from the base. You will see a plastic post perfect for leaning an iPhone against!
6. Place the block of wood on top of the battery box.
7. Place the base of the tower on top of the battery box. You will need to position it so that the screw holes line up (it only fits one way) and the block of wood is close to the keyboard. There is a plastic tab inside the base. The block of wood needs to go between that and the keyboard. Essentially you are building a platform for the iPhone.
8. Flip the base over and put the screws back in. The bottom will budge out slightly because of the wood but that's okay.
9. Flip the base back over and now you can place your iPhone on top of the block of wood leaning against the plastic post.

If anyone has any questions about how to do this, let me know. I think once you get into it you'll see how easy it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neophitz
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Pictures??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
Here's a picture of the completed modification. I'll post step-by-step instructions with pictures in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Floyd Resler
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
I created a complete guide with pictures. You can find it in the files section (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104728/how-to-modify-dark-...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.