Hide
1 Posts

Hera and Zeus» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
After calling our game of American Civil War, Dan and I pulled out Hera and Zeus.

I have played quite a few games of Hera and Zeus but Dan has never played it before. Hera and Zeus is a bit of a tough game to grasp the first time it is played because so many of the cards have special powers - it’s difficult to figure out what strategy to use with so many different options. Also there are many paths to victory. It does take a few games to get used to but when you do, it’s very engrossing.

We played three games.

Game One

In the first game, Dan played very well. We got to about halfway through our decks and I had Pandora in the front row of a column where I suspected he had his hostage card. Dan attacked my Pandora (eliminating all of the cards in both of our columns) and I turned out to be right, his hostage card was in that column. As his hostage was eliminated, I won the game.

Winner: *Rick*

The second game was fairly short as around five or six turns into the game I was able to eliminate all the cards in Dan’s columns, giving me the game.

Winner: *Rick*

In the third game, as in the first, we were about halfway through our decks when Dan, who had been Pegasusing my hand the whole game, picked my hostage card out of my hand and won the game.

Winner: *Dan*

Dan did quite well in his first few games of Hera and Zeus. He did agree with one of my long-standing criticisms of the game – that when you win the game by Pegasusing the other guy’s hand it doesn’t feel like much of a win, it just feels like lucky. Nonetheless, Hera and Zeus is a very enjoyable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.