Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Especially against the current Borg cubes and Spheres and stuff. It seems this game is completely unbalanced...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
Upgrades are the key to this ship. Janeway is a great captain for this ship.

The game is a bit unbalanced overall. Not every ship can hang in with every other ship. Remember, the Enterprise was over 100 years before the Borg. It's like taking a WW1 plane against a modern day jet fighter. There's not much doubt what will win. Still, in era, you have a better competition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cauldronofevil wrote:
Especially against the current Borg cubes and Spheres and stuff. It seems this game is completely unbalanced...

If the game was always about blowing up the enemy... yes.

But it isn't. The OP scenarios require different builds to be successful.

I went 3-0 last week at a local Arena OP event running a Constitution class in my build.

I ran Voyager, Constitution, Scout Vessel and Praetus. I had the third lowest fleet points in the field after three rounds, but I was the only person in the field of 7 to win every battle. I destroyed 2 ships during the tournament and lost 3 ships, but because of the scenario I was able to win each match on victory points.

Besides, the borg are supposed to be able to blow the crap outta most Fed ships. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Allen
United States
Turlock
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I know this May sound wonky, but, the real value of this ship is with the cards that come with it.

Like David said, you can run a specialized build that takes advantage of its ability to take an action bar action even with auxiliary tokens. And if you ever play in a limited era game it's a fine ship and fun to build around with its million crew slots. I also find it to be a good flagship candidate. It's just a tool in your toolbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The 1701 is a solid ship with the right upgrades. Her Manuever dial,180 arc and special ability make a great base. Add on upgrades specific to the scenario and she is a contender.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its a pretty good ship to use, even if you don't take Janeway (being able to do a red maneuver and still Scan for Spock is nice). However, the upgrades you take are pretty important. It comes with four crew slots for a reason, and finding a way to optimize that is really what makes the ship succeed or not (which works thematically).

That said, flagshipped with Janeway is where the ship really shines. That really just brings everything together for it. You get a good number of hits, have solid defense and a pretty decent dial (you can't use your 3 hard turns cause of all the aux power tokens? oh well, just use the 2 hard turns!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.