Subject: Cyprus: Thick Black Lines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like clarification of the rules for track building on the Cyprus map. Can players build track across the thick black lines forming the border between north and south? I first assumed you couldn't, just like in other Age of Steam maps with thick black lines between hexes. The fact that you're instructed to put purple track markers on them lends weight to this position. What is the purpose of those markers if not to block off track building?

After discussion with the other players, we decided that the intention was probably to allow track building over the border line, otherwise the only way of getting between north and south would be through Nicosia, which would be hotly contested. We searched BGG and found no written confirmation either way, although there is one image of a completed game where track has been built over the border, so we played that way. It worked, was very close and gave the UN player an interesting balancing role. But was this the correct way to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the lines are just there to define which part of the island is Turkish or Greek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I can remember the purpose of the the line, was for delivery restrictions. No building restrictions.
(I may be wrong, though)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No building restrictions with the black line
Only delivering restrictions , but that should interfer the way you are building your network

You can cross the line, it is not a wall like in Berlin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.