Popular Tags: [View All]
Roberta Meister
United States
Kenmore
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Hi there,
First, please bear with me, this my first post of any kind to this site. I don't even have an avatar yet, so you know I don't actively participate much. Second, this is not a children's game. Parents would need to spend a lot of time explaining what was happening without actually telling their kids anything!! ;-)
I can't tell you how much we enjoyed this game. A major part of the enjoyment was the fact that there four females and Brendan. AND Brendan took much abuse and got even!
The game requires you to go out there and live a little - or not - based on your life goals that are dealt to you in the beginning of the game. You start by going through puberty. You have traits that you either increase or decrease based on your behavior - money - alcohol - drugs - health - spirituality - knowledge -love. You also have a cell phone that you use to communicate with the other players in the game. They can volunteer to be your friend or you can force them.
After puberty, the fun starts. You bid on cards to further your goals.
SO, lets say the BSW ADDICT card comes up (Yes, it does exist) and if you bid on that card, you will 1. break up with your current love interest (because you are on the computer all the time), 2. lose friends 3. gain knowledge. 4. gain money (because you are not leaving your apartment and not spending any).
Through no fault of my own I ended up with Brendan as a boyfriend who then saddled me with two kids and then made me marry him and then we both petitioned for divorce at the same. In the mean time, he managed to have affairs with the rest of the ladies at the table and a few of the non-player men that were available.
You get 4 or 5 goals to complete and the game is over when the first person completes their goals (that was me). In spite of four children and two ex husbands (yes, there was a second one in there called Kevin!) I managed to have enough sex to finish my goals. Ironically, Dee, who was trying to become a nun, seemed to be having a lot more trouble!! Jenna taught - Thanks so much for sharing you game with us. Sheila and April were quietly getting frustrated, but we laughed a lot.
The game took us almost 3 hours to play, but I think a third of that time was in chit chat and laughing. I recommend it highly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Games Are About Glory
United States
Macedon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
After puberty, the fun starts.

Ain't that the truth. Kudos to Friedemann for emulating life so closely with his latest installment.

Quote:
I managed to have enough sex to finish my goals.

Note to self: Make wife read this session report.

Nice to see Upstate NY represented!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
bobbie8153 wrote:
Ironically, Dee, who was trying to become a nun, seemed to be having a lot more trouble!!

After all of my illicit drug use, sex, drinking and grief, the church took me eventually... this game really was a bunch of fun!

thumbsup

dee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.