Hide
9 Posts

Samurai Sword» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bleeding Wound/Harmless on your own turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
average joe
msg tools
If you have one resilience point left....you do not recover at the start of your turn.

Since bleeding wound occurs after your recovery phase (a recovery phase which you skipped because you had one resiliance point)... If it hits you, you are now left with 0 resilience points in the middle of your turn.

What happens now? Do you continue the turn as a harmless player? Or does that person then end their turn.

It says nothing in the rules about ending your turn when losing an honor point. It doesn't say anything about not being able to play cards while harmless.

I think we need an answer from the creator.

Thanks for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, it can't take your last Resilience Point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
average joe
msg tools
Thank you for your reply.

However, in the rulebook, it states the opposite.

The description for bleeding wound says it stays in play even when you only have 1 resilience point left.

Any other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Card clearly says:
Quote:
unless it's your last
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardboiled Gregg
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
averagejoe26 wrote:
The description for bleeding wound says it stays in play even when you only have 1 resilience point left.

I don't (yet) own this expansion, but I think I know what's causing the confusion.

The rulebook is saying that the card 'stays in play', as in it doesn't get destroyed or discarded, and you still draw a card in any case (for purposes of running down the deck/altering discard pile).

However, just because it is still in play, that doesn't mean you also apply the effect.

In the case where you were down to your last resilience point, you would still draw a card, you just wouldn't have to resolve the card's effects either way.

Because it's still in play, it has the potential to harm you if you recover resilience points somehow later on (either through a card, or being defeated by other means and then recovering resilience points).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
average joe
msg tools
Actually, the game rules say the opposite of what you're saying.

hard boiled Gregg gave a clear, concise answer which seems to be correct!

thank you tho for your time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
average joe
msg tools
Thanks!! this makes a lot of sense and seems to be a very reasonable answer. this is how I will continue on until any official answer is given. thank you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't need any official answer here.
Card is clear. Rules are clear.
There is no conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike I
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Man's chief end is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever."
mbmbmbmb
Card states: "Discard Bleeding Wound if you lose an Honor Point. On your turn, reveal. If [crane] lose 1 Resilence Point (unless it's your last)."

Rules state: "Stays in play even if you have just 1 Resilience Point, and you must reveal a card in any case...."

If you start a turn with 1 Resilience Point, what happens is that a card is Revealed from the Draw Deck then discarded. Bleeding Wound has no effect, but is not discarded and remains in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.