Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I have a lot of pegs, they tend to break a lot, especially the large ship pegs. When is FFG going to just sell a pack of these for a few bucks? Wizkids sells pegs for Attack Wing, when is FFG going to sell pegs for X-Wing?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't broken any.

But I also only put one peg on a ship.

And don't like breaking my things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Jones
United States
Kew Gardens
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Fly Eagles Fly!
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
While I have a lot of pegs, they tend to break a lot, especially the large ship pegs. When is FFG going to just sell a pack of these for a few bucks? Wizkids sells pegs for Attack Wing, when is FFG going to sell pegs for X-Wing?

-shnar

I wish they would do it soon, but I may switch to single pegs just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they sell the peg mounts for the ship as well (the little nubs that are part of the model). Broken 3 of those already - including one on the Tantive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I opened a Tie Fighter expansion ship. One of the peg's male end was orientated at a different angle from it's female end. Thus the Tie Fighter was pointing about 50 degrees off center. I was able to fix the problem by carving one edge of the male end so that the ship could reposition facing center. Kinda wish they made pegs that were just round so they could twist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vfxtrev wrote:
Today I opened a Tie Fighter expansion ship. One of the peg's male end was orientated at a different angle from it's female end. Thus the Tie Fighter was pointing about 50 degrees off center. I was able to fix the problem by carving one edge of the male end so that the ship could reposition facing center. Kinda wish they made pegs that were just round so they could twist.

They probably don't want that to avoid confusing game suituations where a ship faces backwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CapeCod Gamer
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

-shnar

I've never played AW, but are the bases/ pegs the same size as X-wing? If so use those.

FFG have been really good at replacing small parts that are broke or missing, contact there customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
KenM wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

I've never played AW, but are the bases/ pegs the same size as X-wing? If so use those.

FFG have been really good at replacing small parts that are broke or missing, contact there customer service.

They are not compatible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
I haven't broken any.

But I also only put one peg on a ship.

And don't like breaking my things.

B-Wings are pretty good, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

-shnar

Probably when they stop sending out a handful of pegs for free every time someone sends them an email saying "Hey, guys ... I have a problem with some broken pegs, could you maybe help me out?"

(Okay, that experience was with their german partner, but I have had similarly generous experiences with FFG directly as well.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vfxtrev wrote:

In germany we had that problem on some of the ships in Wave 3. Apparently there was a batch of misaligned pegs somewhere in that production cycle. As usual everyone was very good about replacing any problematic ones.

As to round pegs: It makes sense to have them slanted, since that will give you a bit more grip and also avoid alignment confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Goff
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Just contact FFG about how many broken pegs you have and they'll send you replacements for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chrisoc13 wrote:
KenM wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

They are not compatible.

The pegs are, sort of. The bases are slightly different - an AW base extends out the length of the numbs and then has a notch in it for the template, so they aren't quite tournement legal (though we do allow them in our league, on the theory that the extra couple mm of range works both ways and they're actually a slight disadvantage in close-quarters flying)but the pegs are almost the same size. The nubs are slightly bigger, but will fit in the ships and on the base - the only real problem is if you put an AW peg on top of an XW peg; then it's too loose. (And if you put an XW peg on top of an AW peg, you'll exacerbate any impending breakage.)

Unfortunately, AW doesn't do big bases, so my Large Ships are slowly edging into "unflyable."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Zabrowski
United States
West Allis
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my Falcon pegs broke off with a smooth shear at the model itself and again at the base so it's near unusable.

To this day I have no idea how my cat managed that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glitchy Predator
United States
Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
I sporadically review games...
badge
... It's a running kidney... Kidneys are kind of my profession...
mbmbmbmbmb
Vagabond Elf wrote:
chrisoc13 wrote:
KenM wrote:
shnar wrote:

-shnar

They are not compatible.

The pegs are, sort of. The bases are slightly different - an AW base extends out the length of the numbs and then has a notch in it for the template, so they aren't quite tournement legal (though we do allow them in our league, on the theory that the extra couple mm of range works both ways and they're actually a slight disadvantage in close-quarters flying)but the pegs are almost the same size. The nubs are slightly bigger, but will fit in the ships and on the base - the only real problem is if you put an AW peg on top of an XW peg; then it's too loose. (And if you put an XW peg on top of an AW peg, you'll exacerbate any impending breakage.)

Unfortunately, AW doesn't do big bases, so my Large Ships are slowly edging into "unflyable."

My experience is that they are not compatible. I have had pegs get stuck. It simply has not worked for me. I would advise anyone thinking of going this route to recognize that they are not 100% compatible and there have been instances of the pieces getting stuck together, and sometimes stuck within the ships. They are close, but far enough off that it can be an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
try to superglue a piece of scrap plastic to the nub stuck in the model let it dry then pull it out. That or get a dremel and grind it out carefully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jetfire wrote:
try to superglue a piece of scrap plastic to the nub stuck in the model let it dry then pull it out. That or get a dremel and grind it out carefully.

Yeah I had to use a drill to get one of mine out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.