Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Wilson
United States
Oceanside
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Wraith has the power to reduce the next damage to her by 2. If the damage happens to be only 1, does she keep the other -1 buff for another time? If not attacked, can she play the power again for a -4 damage buff?

2) On Wagner Mars Base, two Maintenace Level cards are in play. I believe I can remove them both with one trash shuffle for all heroes, but wanted to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It only applies to the very next damage done and does not bleed over to other damages or get saved for later.

This from earlier as well:

Quote:
1) Technically, if there are two Maintenance Levels in play, the players would each shuffle their Trash piles into their Hero Deck, to resolve the first Maintenance Level, then do it again to resolve the second. This touches on point two, however, so I'll move on to that.

2) Actually decks in play ALWAYS have a Trash Pile. There always an Environment Trash, a Villain Trash, and as many Hero Trash piles as there are Heroes in the game. Sometimes, the Trash pile just has zero cards in it. Which makes shuffling it into your Hero deck very easy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Wilson
United States
Oceanside
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the second part of the first question, yes, she can stack them and get a -4 or larger damage buff. It still only applies to the first time she takes damage, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
For the second part of the first question, yes, she can stack them and get a -4 or larger damage buff. It still only applies to the first time she takes damage, though.

Really? That never occurred to me that you could re-stealth when your first activation has not been used yet.

If true, I guess it bears mentioning that you can only use a given power once per turn, even if you have Utility Belt in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben MacFarlane
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
dthurston wrote:

Really? That never occurred to me that you could re-stealth when your first activation has not been used yet.

If true, I guess it bears mentioning that you can only use a given power once per turn, even if you have Utility Belt in play.

It does work that way, since it doesn't say anything like "Until the start of your next turn...".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hmm, I'm not sure, but I thought there was a general rule that you can't gain the same benefit from the same card more than once.

I don't have my rulebook with me, but I think the example given is gaining the same benefit from two copies of the same card. So, I wonder how that would apply in this case since it's literally the same physical card?

I could be completely misremembering this though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kerrin2 wrote:
Hmm, I'm not sure, but I thought there was a general rule that you can't gain the same benefit from the same card more than once.

I don't have my rulebook with me, but I think the example given is gaining the same benefit from two copies of the same card. So, I wonder how that would apply in this case since it's literally the same physical card?

I could be completely misremembering this though.

You may be thinking of the rule that you cannot use the same power from the same card twice in a turn.

You very specifically can use the same power from two different copies of the same card (as long as the card is not Limited, and you have some way to use more than one power).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerrin 2
United States
Canandaigua
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ah, that's it, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.