Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Shadow Over Westminster

This project looks very intriguing. I feel they made a mistake in the project title by describing it as a "deck builder". I think to say you are acquiring cards to benefit your task is more accurate. There certainly seems to be a stigma about "deck builders" for many gamers including myself.

However, I would encourage all gamers, especially those who like a Lovecraft(ish) theme, to check this out. While it is not based on the works of Lovecraft, the sense of impending doom that must be thwarted is very similar.

The back story is beginning to be revealed via KS updates, and it is going to be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a huge kick out of this image:

Picturing it in the mirror adjusting it's skull tiara before heading out for a night of soul swallowing.

Unspeakable horrors accessorize! Who knew?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe a cultist type follower adorned this creature while it slept?

But yeah, a bit out of place in my opinion now that you pointed it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the art I've seen intrigues my imagination. Such is what a game should do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Huss
United States
flag msg tools
That first image posted by Dante is actually a Magic card, but the artwork is by RK Post. The first stretch goal has RK Post coming onboard to provide artwork for some of the Cataclysm cards, so it will have that same fantastic skill and style, but will be more theme appropriate.

I do happen to be a big fan of the current Cataclysm artwork as well. Let me go ahead and show you a piece that hasn't really been put on display yet, but is one of my favorites -
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did an episode of Back It with the guys from TSOW and really enjoyed it - I've played a demo copy four times and I think it's a really good game. Writing a review of it this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRZ3jnbr0K4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Laughlin
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game-play video they posted helps to illustrate your point. It shows how the cards build into a deck and are used to accomplish goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.