Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody O'Bryant
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
Hi all, thanks in advance for the help.

I bought two core sets so that we could play with 3-4 people, as such, I'm curious: when setting up each quest do I use only the one set of event cards, or should I use both sets?

Second, when setting up the staging area at the beginning of a quest, if a treachery card is revealed does its effect go into play, or should we just flip another card in its place. We've been playing where the effect goes off, so we count ourselves lucky if it has no effect on us at the time.

I know there was another question that I wanted to ask, but I don't recall it at the moment, so I'll leave it at this for now. Thanks again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cruvyn wrote:

I bought two core sets so that we could play with 3-4 people, as such, I'm curious: when setting up each quest do I use only the one set of event cards, or should I use both sets?

Just use one set. The second set of event cards is useless unless you want two distinct games happening at the same time.

Quote:
Second, when setting up the staging area at the beginning of a quest, if a treachery card is revealed does its effect go into play, or should we just flip another card in its place. We've been playing where the effect goes off, so we count ourselves lucky if it has no effect on us at the time.

You are playing correctly, the effect happens. You can also trigger responses during setup. For more details, and other important info, you should read the FAQ which you can find on FFG's website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cruvyn wrote:

One set.

Cruvyn wrote:

You are playing it correctly; the Treachery card fires off and if it doesn't have any effect on you because of how the card works that's okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Cruvyn wrote:

As mentioned only one set. However, since you have duplicates, you can keep one of the scenarios always mixed up and ready to go (I did this with Passage Through Mirkwood so I could start a tutorial game quickly).

Or sell them off to other people who do this, like Drakkenstrike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody O'Bryant
United States
Denton
TX
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone! Much appreciated.

I never remembered what the other question I wanted to ask was. But if I do I'll be back!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.