Looking for some clarification on duels.
What are they and how do you start one. Many of darth mauls cards effect them and I'm a little confused.
Thanks in advance
The best source for all the rules is this: http://swccg.polarhaven.net/rules/AdvancedRules1-7-1.pdf
The dueling rules are on page 139 (aka C-9):
Duels represent a one-on-one lightsaber battle between Force users. Lightsabers are not required for duels (conceptually the lightsaber represents finely-honed skill rather than the physical object). Once a duel has been initiated follow this order:
1) Responses to the initiating: actions to cancel the duel (Jedi Escape, Sense) or that are played as a response to the initiation (Sith Fury)
2) If the duel is not canceled, both players may play any cards that add duel destinies (Focused Attack) or modify duel destinies ('throwing' Darth Vader's Lightsaber). No other actions are permitted. The player initiating the duel performs the first action.
3) Follow duel cards directions (usually drawing destiny) to determine winner. No other actions may be performed at this time (except responses to destiny draws, e.g. Luke's Back (V), The Ebb Of Battle)
4) Duel has its result, as stated on the duel card
5) Any automatic actions to the duel are triggered
6) Any optional just actions to the duel (including
responses to the winning/losing of a character) may be initiated