Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Civilization PBF Game #131 Vassal module 1.1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I'm finally done with the vassal module for PBF I'd like to have it tested. Everybody is welcome here, no matter your position on the waiting list. Also if there are more than 4 players several games can be played, there is no limit in player number.
This module has been tested in it's former version and should work fine, allowing for play without a moderator and speeding things up quite a bit. If you have any questions about the module and how it works please check the thread of game #119, if any questions remain just let me know. I will contact players I know where interested in playing with this module by geekmail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am very interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not mentioning what type of game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bli bla
msg tools
mbmb
It's classic game (F&F + W&W).
Still if it works fine, a DoC vassal could be awesome ^^.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cash1981 wrote:
You are not mentioning what type of game

Depends on the players, both expansions are incorporated but you can choose not to implement them (or parts of them).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Szczeciński
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would like to try!
Used to play Game of Thrones with Vassal platform as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you uploaded the custom civs as well? Would be fun to play with them also.

Anyways, I'm in. Just need to read through the vassal thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
sure why not, i am happy to help out testing. Lets see when i get the new graphic card for my main pc to moderate myself again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Jonas, Jan, Cash and Morthai we already have 4 players for a game. Please send me you email adresses so I can add you to my dropbox folder and you can download the module (you will also need the Vassal engine from www.vassalengine.org). If you want you can also use my dropbox for the savegames.

If anybody else is interested in playing let me know and we will see if we can set up a second match.

Cash, I have not implemented the custom civs, but that really just means that there are no tokens to draw them randomly out of a pool. If you agree on using them you can play with them, there is no need in adjusting anything in the module I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CJWF wrote:
With Jonas, Jan, Cash and Morthai we already have 4 players for a game. Please send me you email adresses so I can add you to my dropbox folder and you can download the module (you will also need the Vassal engine from www.vassalengine.org). If you want you can also use my dropbox for the savegames.

If anybody else is interested in playing let me know and we will see if we can set up a second match.

Cash, I have not implemented the custom civs, but that really just means that there are no tokens to draw them randomly out of a pool. If you agree on using them you can play with them, there is no need in adjusting anything in the module I think.

Ah ok.
I would like to just pick a civ I haven't played if it is ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From here on I think the four of you can arrange everything else. Morthai has used the module before, but if there are any issues you cannot resolve just let me know. Also Any comments on bugs or how to improve the module are welcome.
Changes to the previous version: I added several trade windows where you can move cards etc your giving another player without the other players seeing what you are giving. Remember however that cards that are faceup are shown in the log with their name when you move them. If it's you first time with vassal I recommend opening the module and trying out the windows, moving some cards and seeing what is being written in the log.
Another thing I changed are the units, Royalrook was so kind to scan the new units for me, you can also rotate them from the context menu (right click).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very well then, looks great. Looked a Little puzzling in the beginning, but I think i got it now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I still understand it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

1 - Logwindow, shows chatmessages as well as messages informing about movemet on the board (like "culture card was moved from mainboard to green hand")
2 - Chatline, here you type your messages, easy to overlook but important
3 - The mainboard with all the tokens and cards, drag and drop whatever you need, the stacks are shuffled automatically, if you scroll down you will also find a cementery for the diferent unit cards
4 - Tradewindows, there are 6 of them but depending on your color you will have only 3 available, drag and drop things here you want to trade with the respective player (Trade Green Yellow for trading between green and yellow, does it get more obvious?)
5 - Playerhands, a window to keep your units, culture cards, huts and villages, contains deck spaces to drag your units/villages/huts into for random draws (when taking battle hand/drawing random hut when looted). You can see all hands, so you can check what the other players have but you can only access the stuff in your hand
6 - Battlefield, a window where you can place your units in a battle, contains two rows of empty decks in unit card size, completely optional, might be more useful if I get to make a version for online play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
That was more clear.

So how do we start? Who wants to start the game. Shall we choose CIVs or just draw them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does the random civs Work in A WaW + FaF version ? in that case I might wanna try one of those. If not, it doesnt matter to me

Edit: I guess their starting techs are a Little bit off..

ps. nice paint job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend you do the typical PBF poll with all the things you want to clear, like what expansions and civs to use, favorite color (sorry, only red, green, blue and yellow available ) relics yes or no etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Wolf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chul wrote:
Does the random civs Work in A WaW + FaF version ? in that case I might wanna try one of those. If not, it doesnt matter to me

ps. nice paint job

Yeah, I should have become an artist
The stack with the leader tokens contains all leaders including both expansions so you can draw your civ from there if you want to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Szczeciński
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Should I keep all my tokens that I gonna draw to my "Hand" window in those piles? Or they gonna be invisible for opponents even I keep them in other place?
I guess 1st player gonna draw 2 civs, pick one to his "hand" leave second and pass log to another player?
The only thing I do not quite get yet Is how to load saved log. I have started test game, opened log file add few stuff to my "hand" from "board" end log file. Then I can not load this things back :<
I think I am ready to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
when you open a logfile you have to use the step forward button till the written logfile ends, so you can see what was done step by step. then you have the new point of game, write your own log, and so on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Szczeciński
Poland
Poznań
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks! That helped a lot. However there is last thing I need a clarification on. When I get to the end with forward button the bar appears and ask me do I start new log file. What should I do then? If I press yes and overwrite log file that I have loaded the previous log data is gone. Shall we create new log for each turn we take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ca$h
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't there be a vlog file in the Game 131 dropbox folder?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
So what rules do you Guys want to play with?
just a normal F&F and W&W with relics, GPs, Investments and Draw 2 nations and choose 1?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Larsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have no idea how to get started ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.