Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vesa Nyman
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
7.4 Edward Wintering: If Edward I winters in Scotland, all red blocks (except Nobles) may winter with him regardless of Castle Limits.

Two questions:
1: Does this mean that all non-infantry/Noble blocks must be in the same area with Edward I in order to winter in Scotland? For example could 2 archers winter in Lothian if Edward I is wintering in Mendieth?

2: Does the Castle Limits for wintering count in other areas where Edward I is not wintering? For example, could 3 infantry units winter in Lennox with the Lennox Noble unit if Edward I winters in Mentieth?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boyd
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
I Play With Toy Soldiers.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward can pitch his tent anywhere in Scotland and all of the red blocks (except nobles) can enjoy his hospitality in that area regardless of the castle limits there. The castle limits still apply in all other English occupied territories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All knights and archers have to stay in the same area as Edward. Nobles must go home, and infantry who are not in the same area as Edward are subject to castle limits.

Also, the build steps from the area where Edward is staying can only be used for infantry and the local noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vesa Nyman
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for the quick reply. We're having our first game tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Niko Ruf wrote:
Also, the build steps from the area where Edward is staying can only be used for infantry and the local noble.

Where does it say this? Or is this errata?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko Ruf
Germany
Schönaich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Casadonte wrote:
Niko Ruf wrote:

Where does it say this? Or is this errata?

Check out 7.63 in the rules version 2.3.:

"The English player may use RPs generated by areas under his control to strengthen infantry (only) or nobles under his control."

I take this to mean that longbowmen and knights (being elite units) are not available in Scotland in the winter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Casadonte
United States
Media
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The compass always points to Terrapin.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed -- thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Basa
Canada
Brampton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maitopoika wrote:
1: Does this mean that all non-infantry/Noble blocks must be in the same area with Edward I in order to winter in Scotland? For example could 2 archers winter in Lothian if Edward I is wintering in Mendieth?

To be clear:

1. Nobles always have to go home.
2. Any red unit (non-Noble) can winter with Edward I in Scotland if they are in his area at the end of the year. They cannot magically 'teleport' there. There are no castle limits in his area.
3. Infantry can, as well, winter in any area in Scotland, as long as they follow the castle limits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.