Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb

As someone that hasn't experienced more than a few rounds I was wondering how difficult is keeping track of weapons based on the resources (i.e. two blacks and a emerald is my level 3 sword and the 1 black, 1 orange and emerald is my level 2 dagger).

I like the idea of keeping the resource cubes as the weapon itself but was just mildly concerned that I would have to spend a lot of time, in late game in particular, looking from the color cubes to the cards and mixing similar weapons up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are not really that much of weapons with the SAME components so it should be always clear

But lets see if Isaac is helping us out here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the case of most weapons, once its forged it doesn't matter what it was; the power is calculable by looking at the resources used to forge it*, and I believe there are tokens to distinguish slashing/piercing/crushing types.

In the case of weapons with special properties, I guess those you'll have to be more diligent about keeping track of.

*Resources provide a set amount of power:
Copper = 1
Iron = 1.5
Mithril = 2.5
Emerald = 2
Ruby = 3
Diamond = 4

The power of a weapon without special properties is the sum of the power of the resources used to forge it rounded up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Vex85 wrote:
I think there are not really that much of weapons with the SAME components so it should be always clear

This makes sense. I'm sure a player is only is using a few recipes at any one time so it sounds pretty simple to look at your resource colors and card icons if you brain steps out for a moment.

Jotora wrote:
I believe there are tokens to distinguish slashing/piercing/crushing types.

I was curious about this and the special abilities in particular.

Thanks for clarifying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Z
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are welcome

But as I can see now, even IF they have the same ressources, they will def. get identify by the "typ" Slashing(axe) and nothing (usally a sword/shield/bow)

So the second information (kind and number of ressources was the first) can def. tell you the number.

Although I am pretty sure Isaac have a very good idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.