Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the player who triggered the end game get to finish his/her turn?

I played a 10-VP game last night. The player who triggered the end game went to town on his turn and turned in a 2-VP Outlaw. This caused him to hit 10 VP and earn $30. He wanted to take the money he earned from the Outlaw (plus $10 he already had) and buy a round of drinks to earn 1 more VP. It wasn't clear if this should be allowed. After the end-game points were awarded, this player would have either been tied for the lead, or lost by one point, so it makes a difference. And he couldn't have bought the drinks first, because he didn't have enough money until he got the ransom for the Outlaw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically as written in the rules, it says "as soon as a player reaches the end game space".

We have a cool variant that I like to play with that is equal player turns.My hope is to put that in a future expansion, as it makes the game a little tighter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
Technically as written in the rules, it says "as soon as a player reaches the end game space".

We have a cool variant that I like to play with that is equal player turns.My hope is to put that in a future expansion, as it makes the game a little tighter.

This variant sounds good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Thornock
United States
Idaho Falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paxton73 wrote:
onekccs wrote:

This variant sounds good.

Agreed.

And Sean, thanks so much for loving your game to come here and answer these questions. It really shows professionalism and dedication. All-in-all, the rules are pretty tight. But clarifications and reassurances from the horse's mouth are priceless customer service in a day where that trait is mostly dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words Curtis. I really appreciate it!

B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have to play with this variant next time. I had enough money to get 3 VP at the saloon, but we played it that after I bought the 2nd one, I hit the end game, and I wasn't able to buy the last VP. Another player won by end-game bonuses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.