Popular Tags: [View All]
Einar J Wetaas
Norway
Bergen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Fans

I received my replacement ships today. Out of 4 ships that had broken masts in last shipment , i received 3 new broken ships. Only one smaller ship survived the transport.
I am really frustrated now. This is not a good sign and i feel the quality of this product is really bad.
Any one got the same problem as me ?
Really thinking of getting out of this game now. And it is very disappointing since i love this game.

Would like to hear Your experience With this problem before i make my final decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had two arrive with broken masts, both on the front mast of the SoL's. CSI has sent replacements but I haven't been home to see what condition they arrived in. I drilled out the broken ones and re-glued them with good success. Still it would be nice to get them in unbroken condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wetaas wrote:
Out of 4 ships that had broken masts in last shipment , i received 3 new broken ships. Only one smaller ship survived the transport.
I am really frustrated now. This is not a good sign and i feel the quality of this product is really bad.

It seems that there is a SERIOUS quality issue and not just a problem with packaging or transport.

My advice is to stay away until a new print run comes out (and it is thoroughly tested). The total lack of Quality Control for such an expensive miniatures game is astonishing...

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's an interesting thought, but given that there likely will not be a 'new print run' for several years...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Boyle
United States
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Well, it's an interesting thought, but given that there likely will not be a 'new print run' for several years...

Actually Ares posted on Kickstarter that a new production run will come out once they have a fix for the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Parkes
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
I had two arrive with broken masts, both on the front mast of the SoL's. CSI has sent replacements but I haven't been home to see what condition they arrived in. I drilled out the broken ones and re-glued them with good success. Still it would be nice to get them in unbroken condition.

I had two broken masts from CSI, received two intact replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Miracle
msg tools
There's no doubt that it's disappointing, but I don't see any reason to tar & feather either Ares or the game. Ares has committed to make everyone good in the end, and as far as I can see they are following through.

Yes it's hard to wait while they complete the second production run (due later this summer), yes there will probably still be further breakage as the problem ships continue to move through the distribution chain, and yes it's a hassle. But ultimately Ares (or their suppliers), not us, is footing the bill for the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duke
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there some reason you felt you needed to start another post about broken masts?

You have at least one other that you could have just added to with an update.

I agree with Fred.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve...+1thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My 12 Wave 2 ships came in from CSI last week. Only had one with a mast that was not broken but wobbled. Should be no problem to fix.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Brzezinski
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It sounds like I am the lucky one. With the last batch that I picked up from Cool Stuff Inc., I have gotten all but the kickstarter exclusives and had only one broken mast (The Montagne had the front mast broken). I just got some super glue and reattached it. I did not even consider asking for a replacement.

The only thing I was thinking of doing was getting some thread to create "rigging" to secure it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the new batch of wave 2 with better packaging (and without broken masts) out yet?

If so, how can we recognize it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Miracle
msg tools
They posted on the Kickstarter site that they have the new printing in the warehouse now, and are starting to ship them out. So I guess they will be in stores in a few weeks.

You will be able to tell them apart because there is now a clear plastic overlay sheet to secure the model within the black packaging--just like in the starter set box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sduke wrote:
Is there some reason you felt you needed to start another post about broken masts?

You have at least one other that you could have just added to with an update.

I agree with Fred.

Well maybe it was a different mast?

Got my own base set with [yes you've guessed it] a broken mast.
In itself this was ofcourse a major disappointment, but I've had some nice chats with the designer of wings of war [same guy]in the past and he seems like a nice person and I have every confidence that this will be solved.

No reason to abort the game, I aggree, these things can happen.
People can only learn from mistakes and little could they have known in advance their packing would not stand up to the bad treatment the postal services give these parcels.
Were it not for the broken one, a first look at this box would have convinced me they did a good job at packing the ships.

It is silly to suggest the material used is not upto standard.
Really, they go through all the trouble of creating the perfect pre painted models and than go cheap on the material used? Unlikely.
Afterall they want people to get hooked on these ships and keep buying and that will not happen if people are not impressed with what they get.

So I've now mailed them and have a strong believe that after the holiday chaos they will try and make me happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Tracy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a starter with a broken mast. Do you just email them to get a replacement? Do I need to ship it back to them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Benshai wrote:
I picked up a starter with a broken mast. Do you just email them to get a replacement? Do I need to ship it back to them?

I would ship back to your retailer. Most of them are pretty honorable folks and should put you right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Dekker
Netherlands
Friesland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just mail them and include a picture of the damage.
The customer service is very good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.