Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Memoir '44» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ambush Card - Does an Armor Unit get an Overrun Combat if Successful? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Reese Henderson
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
This came up in a game the other day. I declared an attack on an armor unit. My opponent played "Ambush" and rolled his attack. It forced my unit to retreat, so he "took ground" and stated he was entitled to an armor overrun second attack. That seemed to make the "Ambush" card overpowered (my buddy even agreed with that), but we could not find anything in the rules that stated he did not get an armor overrun. So I let him have one and, of course, he annihilated my unit.

Is there an FAQ out there on this anywhere?

Thanks!
WG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the Official FAQ: http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/advanced-play/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Count
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just for info, this is what the FAQ linked above says on Page 52:

Quote:
Q. Does the Ambush card allow the Ambushing unit to advance if the target is forced to retreat or is eliminated?
A. No. Only when an ordered unit in Close Assault Combat eliminates the enemy unit or forces it to retreat, may it Take Ground.
The key word here is ordered. Only the player taking his turn (ordering units) may Take Ground during his turn. The Ambush card
is a reaction play when an opponent declares a Close Assault, and therefore the unit doing the Ambush may not Take Ground if
the opposition is eliminated or retreats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reese Henderson
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.