Popular Tags: [View All]
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I probably know the answer to this already, but is the contents list in the game manual correct? I just opened my new copy, and I think I may have been shorted a deck of cards.

I only have 12 cards for each hero, plus I don't have the full totals for SHIELD Agents and Troopers, or Henchman villains.

Just looking for confirmation before I contact Upper Deck, thanks.

Related gripe: It's incredibly annoying that these cards come all jumbled together with no real explanation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wickstrom
msg tools
mb
There should be 14 cards per hero, 5-common, 5-common, 3-uncommon, 1-rare for each hero.

Not sure what the number of shield starter cards should be but they should be accurate in the rule book. Contact Upper Deck, they should be able to get you replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should have 40 Shield Agents, 20 Shield Troopers, and 30 Shield Officers.

Each villain group should have 8 villains (in most cases this is two copies of four different cards but the Enemies of Asgard and Hydra groups do not follow this pattern).

Each henchman group is 10 identical cards.

Every Mastermind has five cards that are all different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a bunch for the quick reply! I definitely don't have some of those, so I'll contact Upper Deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside - the jumbled nature of the cards has to do with printing and minimizing costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tolin
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
As an aside - the jumbled nature of the cards has to do with printing and minimizing costs.

Yeah, I assumed it was something like that, but it would have been nice to have a short section at the front of the rulebook saying "Here's the composition of the cards in the game, and how you should separate and arrange them." Or something like that. As it is, you have to cobble together information from multiple places in the rulebook.

I've played plenty of deckbuilders before, but it was still confusing sussing out the categories of cards and how to organize them. I can't even imagine if I were a boardgaming neophyte grabbing this off the shelf at Barnes & Noble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.