7 Posts

Tiny Epic Defenders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Various Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Escobedo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Sorcerer - Do both of his abilities cost 2 AP or just the one that damages the epic foe?

2. Barbarian - If I am reading this right you could trade 3 HP for 3 AP and then attack the epic foe 6 times in one turn if you started on his space?

3. Hammer of Might - The phrase "(Discard at the end of your turn)" confused some people because they thought it meant you had to discard it at the end of the first turn you had after you got it, whether you used it or not. There was another card like this as well "Shield of Aughmoore", I think the intention was that you could hold on to it but because most other cards said "(Discard after use)" it confused people. I presume these two cards are really discard after use, but then the effect lasts until the time specified. Is that correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrEleven wrote:
1. Sorcerer - Do both of his abilities cost 2 AP or just the one that damages the epic foe?

2. Barbarian - If I am reading this right you could trade 3 HP for 3 AP and then attack the epic foe 6 times in one turn if you started on his space?

3. Hammer of Might - The phrase "(Discard at the end of your turn)" confused some people because they thought it meant you had to discard it at the end of the first turn you had after you got it, whether you used it or not. There was another card like this as well "Shield of Aughmoore", I think the intention was that you could hold on to it but because most other cards said "(Discard after use)" it confused people. I presume these two cards are really discard after use, but then the effect lasts until the time specified. Is that correct?

1) Both abilities cost 2 AP

2) That is correct, you could do 6 damage. 3 from the normal actions you get on a turn, and 3 from the health points you sacrafice.

3) I see your point. And your interpretation is correct. We'll make that more clear. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Escobedo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, does the sorcerer have to be on the same space as the epic foe to do 3 damage to him or not? We were playing that you didn't have to be but it kinda seems like he should need to be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Almes
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MrEleven wrote:
Also, does the sorcerer have to be on the same space as the epic foe to do 3 damage to him or not? We were playing that you didn't have to be but it kinda seems like he should need to be.

Yes, the sorcerer must be in the same region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Cousins
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
1. Dire enemies are defended for 2 health points; do they do two damage to the region if left unchecked? Rules unclear.

3. Epic Foe - Giant "A player must spend an AP to stand back up before performing other actions"; Is this interpreted as "...stand back up before using other APs"? ie. can you still defend if you are in a region which is attacked? As per the rules I'm assuming artifacts are useable regardless?

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Hobbes
China
Guangzhou
Guangdong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dire enemies only raise threat by 1, but their other nasty abilities more than make up for that.

Strictly speaking per the rules, you can defend and/or use artifacts while knocked down. I don't know if that is the intent of the rules, though, so this is definitely a point that needs clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
skRain wrote:
1. Dire enemies are defended for 2 health points; do they do two damage to the region if left unchecked? Rules unclear.

3. Epic Foe - Giant "A player must spend an AP to stand back up before performing other actions"; Is this interpreted as "...stand back up before using other APs"? ie. can you still defend if you are in a region which is attacked? As per the rules I'm assuming artifacts are useable regardless?

thanks

You cannot do anything that would cost an AP while knocked down. You can still defend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.