Zombicide» Forums » General

Subject: AVGhost vs Zombicide rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trea
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have any Zombicide fans seen this game on Kickstarter?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/804652091/avghost-a-boa...

There are obviously very large differences in the potential gameplay experience and theme, but after reading the rules and watching some of the gameplay it seems to have a lot similarities to Zombicide. To me it seems like an awesome game with a ton of potential. Just wondering what other Zombicdie fans think of it, as it doesn't seem to be doing well enough to make the funding goal. Which I think is a shame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
Meh

Looks interesting and i commend them for doing something different and outside the box, but i think playing in the dark and trying to flip cards and read battery levels when having nothing but your led flashlights would get annoying. and if you have any ambient light bright enough to read the cards, then you will be able to see the board well enough not to care about the flashlights..

Otherwise it looks like its on the right track.. could use some more thought into it though..

Me and my friend played zombicide with HO scale street lamps on the street, and built up lego walls for the houses.. the lamps were the only light and that was fun, but we also used the default survivors and the old app to play as well with the screens as dim as they would go just to see them.

that was fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trea
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can definitely respect the potential darkness issue. With different levels of light or lack of light in the room creating different issues.

I used to play the old Nightmare games all the time in the dark, or in dimly light rooms and it was great.

I think the game looks awesome, but you have to be into the theme and the idea of creating the mood with all the components. Using the LED miniatures to battles ghost while Having the soundtrack playing, in a dark room, using the DVD or QR reader from a phone to listen to the EVP's and then eventually watch the professionally produced ending video sounds epic. I think it will end up being a really unique and fun game, the rules seem very solid and I hope to see the end product.

I guess for me it's a definite project to back for all the reasons I stated above. Just wanted some other opinions, as I think it's a great looking game but isn't getting much love. Thanks for posting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
certainly has its ups and downs.. again, it looks interesting, and certainly has potential! if you go end up backing and getting a copy it would be great to hear how the finished product turned out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it looks great and I love love love the theme but the creators have never made a boardgame before and, as neat an idea as the videos and EVPs are, they're concentrating completely on THOSE and not the gameplay. And, like I've said before, once you've heard and seen those 2 or 3 times, you won't bother anymore. The game system is what needs to be the focus and they're very lacking in that department.

And every time I bring up the concern they reply in ridiculously off topic answers that really have nothing to do with my original question. If it gets made, I'll buy the hell out of it but I seriously doubt it will happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.