Dave Winfield
msg tools
Poll
Which theme do you prefer for a lite dice game?
Space (stars/supernovas/black holes/nebulas/meteors)
Dungeon (heroes/monsters/items/treasure)
Magic Forest (heroes/trees/mythical creatures)
      27 answers
Poll created by Vallenbrosa

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler
United States
Gainesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [POLL] Do you prefer a Space or Dungeon theme for a lite dice/card game?
As someone not particularly attracted to the fantasy/dungeon theme, it seems like this is used to death in board games... Then again, if it wasn't hugely popular with a large segment of gamers, there wouldn't be so many games released with that sort of theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Winfield
msg tools
I agree about the Fantasy/Dungeon theme, but despite its consistently low votes in these type of polls it does seem to resonate with the casual gamer outside of BGG and remain popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
"No single raindrop believes it is to blame for the flood."
badge
Small talk (noun): insincere questions and dishonest answers.
mbmbmbmbmb
Vallenbrosa wrote:
I agree about the Fantasy/Dungeon theme, but despite its consistently low votes in these type of polls it does seem to resonate with the casual gamer outside of BGG and remain popular.

I've found the opposite - non-geek players are rarely interested in even trying fantasy themed games. Non-geek women tend to be put off by sci-fi, war, and westerns. Nexus ops' combination of dragons, giant spiders, and sci-fi soldiers is a disaster when I try to play it with casual non-geek players.

They all love Pandemic and Ticket to ride tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll never understand why people think this kind of poll will generate meaningful information.
Either of the mentioned themes could go in all kinds of directions. Dark and gritty or lighthearted and cartoony?
There are loads of themes i might not particularly be excited about, but if the artwork is great (or simply really well done for what it is, sometimes really simple styles can work wonders!) and the theme ties in nicely with the game i might go for it!

One game that i've recently found surprisingly appealing was Elevenses
I mean really? sugar cubes and that hand drawn style? awesome!
It's so different it really stands out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.