Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher, the editor, the author and just about every single player who has played the game, agree on correcting one grave mistake in the rules found in the first edition of this otherwise splendid game:

DO NOT AWARD THE MODERATION BONUS TOKEN!

Only award a bonus token for having placed all five colors, and convert those tokens into points at the end of the game as follows:

This rules correction is not optional - just do it!

(and please accept my apology for the need for this correction, maybe some day I'll post a designers diary to explain how it could happen)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you no longer recieve a bonus chip for placing less balls than the player who placed the most?

And im guessing that if u have more than 6 chips they are worth 6 points still?

I dont think i understand the idea of the bonus chips. You lose points for having less than 3.... Maybenits better not to obtain bonus chips at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fermin Uribetxebarria
Germany
Ravensburg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
So you no longer recieve a bonus chip for placing less balls than the player who placed the most?

Right!

shooshoo wrote:
And im guessing that if u have more than 6 chips they are worth 6 points still?

Well, now you cannot have more than 6 chips at the end of the game, because there are only 6 rounds and you can get 1 chip per round.

shooshoo wrote:
I dont think i understand the idea of the bonus chips. You lose points for having less than 3.... Maybenits better not to obtain bonus chips at all.

I guess that it makes sense for advanced players who want to fulfill all requirements from cards + use all colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry one more question pertaining to this rule. In order to receive a bonus chip now a player must use at least one ball of every colour AND must complete all 6 objectives, correct?

If you use at least one of every colour but do not complete all objectives you do not get a chip?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:

If you have none you loose 6 points...

So, not getting them, at all is very bad.

With the scoring system you want at least 2 chips, but get as much as you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok so this rule forces players to try to obtain bonus chips... So in order to obtain one what are the new requirements? Do u just have to use at least one ball of every colour? Or must u use at least one of every colour IN ADDITION TO completing all 6 objectives for the round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
Ok so this rule forces players to try to obtain bonus chips... So in order to obtain one what are the new requirements? Do u just have to use at least one ball of every colour? Or must u use at least one of every colour IN ADDITION TO completing all 6 objectives for the round?

Yes, "IN ADDITION TO".

Receive a bonus chip if:
You completed the 6 tasks correctly AND used the 5 colors.

NOTE: I don´t understand German. I'm basing my statement, on the "unofficial english rules (here on BGG)" plus this rule correction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gentz
United States
Albuquerque
NM
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was my question. It sort of looks like 1. You get a bonus chip if you use all 5 colors. AND 2. You would get *another* bonus marker if you completed all 6 objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
gmale9000 wrote:
This was my question. It sort of looks like 1. You get a bonus chip if you use all 5 colors. AND 2. You would get *another* bonus marker if you completed all 6 objectives.

You get 1 bonus chip for doing both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
The official english rules are up now: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/116514/dimension-engli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luchau wrote:

are there plans for expansion cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
luchau wrote:

are there plans for expansion cards?

though i could imagine this game could also do an expansion setup variant (something other than a 7/3/1 pyramid.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one almost ready, but they haven't asked for it yet ... and judging from my experience with Uluru, it can be a very long way off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
luchau wrote:
I have one almost ready, but they haven't asked for it yet ... and judging from my experience with Uluru, it can be a very long way off.

Is there an uluru expansion that I'm unaware of?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
Only on my desk, I'm afraid.
But please do spam Kosmos with requests for it ;-)

The only expansion'ish material I have dared to upload is the level 6 card I posted a while ago here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104103/rainbow-bird-le...
It's quite extreme, unless you play it along only level 1-3 cards.

Also, the little bring along-version of the game (Uluru: Neuer Tumult am Ayers Rock) includes cards that can be added to the big game. They are not very hard, but can of course refresh the mix a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dsd
msg tools
badge
mb
luchau wrote:

expansion for Dimension?? May please spoil more??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do I know which version of the game I am buying before opening it? Is there a difference in the boxes between version 1 and 2?

Any clarification on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
The english version is corrected. I don't know if there's a second german printing out, but if there are, it will be corrected too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I just ordered the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules are still unclear.

Receiving a bonus token: if you have completed all of the tasks indicates on the six task cards correctly and if you used all five sphere colors on your tray.

Perfectly clear, no problems.

But then it also says "For using all five colors of spheres: you receive one bonus token if you have placed at least one sphere of each of the five colors on your tray.
+1 bonus token for all five colors

So...two different requirements and/or the implication of being able to acquire two tokens per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauge Rosendahl
Denmark
Højbjerg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
~ Silence is sexy ~
mbmbmbmbmb
In the english version, you can only get 1 bonus token each round, so the additional is just a redundant rephrasing of the same thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.