Subject: Where to buy Machi Koro in Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeroen Van Rossem
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In two weeks, I'll be traveling to Japan, and I would like to pick up Machi Koro (with the first expansion).

Could anyone enlighten me on where I would be able to buy this game in either Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto (which shop would have this game in stock)?

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bollom
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FreakyJP wrote:
Hi,

In two weeks, I'll be traveling to Japan, and I would like to pick up Machi Koro (with the first expansion).

Could anyone enlighten me on where I would be able to buy this game in either Tokyo, Osaka or Kyoto (which shop would have this game in stock)?

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen.

Yellow Submarine in Kobe had it in stock when I was there on Sunday. I know Kobe isn't on your list, but that's the only one I know of for sure. Yellow Submarine in the Namba area of Osaka had it in stock when I was there last, but that was a month or so ago.

I don't think Kiwi Games in Osaka had it when I was there, but they have a lot of great Japanese games, so it might be worth checking there, or sending an email to see if they have it in stock.

I bought my copy online from Sugorokuya which, I think, is in Tokyo. I've never been to their physical store location, but they were nothing but friendly and helpful in my online dealings with them. They might still have copies in stock, but it would be worth checking checking closer to when you arrive.

Also, there's a 2nd expansion (called Machi Koro: Sharp) that was just released at Tokyo Game Market. Might be worth the extra Yen to pick that up if possible while you're at it. Yellow Sub in Kobe had the main game and both expansions in their display case.

It's a fun game! I hope you can find it and hope you enjoy it! If you have any other questions, please post 'em. There are lots of helpful people who hang out here in the BGG Japan forums
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
No, I can't get you Stamps.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like Sugorokuya (in Koenji) has all 3 in stock:
http://sugorokuya.jp/gamelist?o=rank&s=%E8%A1%97%E3%82%B3%E3...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Van Rossem
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

I'll go to Sugorokuya first then, and if they don't have it I'll visit some Yellow Submarines cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dano
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
No, I can't get you Stamps.
mbmbmbmbmb
FreakyJP wrote:
Thank you very much!

I'll go to Sugorokuya first then, and if they don't have it I'll visit some Yellow Submarines :cool:

Good choice. Sugorokuya is the nicest store out here, anyway.
After them, I like Role and Roll in Akihabara.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.