Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: X-wing replacement movement dials kickstarter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shah Y
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,
So I spend way to much time wandering around kickstarters, but I happened on one that is offerring to up x-wing movement dials if anyone is looking for replacements made of plastic check it out at the link.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1434557943/twisted-coun...

PS. I am not the owner the of the kickstarter nor do i have any financial stakes in it, just thought it would be good to pass on the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aguirre
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this. They look interesting. I just wish they had some photos of mock-ups of how these would look customized for X-wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To use them you'd have to get vector graphics for all your dials that you wanted to customize and upload them. Which with the right equipment probably wouldn't be so hard. Also not sure if they'd be allowed at most tournaments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also wouldn't be legal for sanctioned play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still cant figure out why i need a replacement dial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:

To create your own custom ships for play at home. They obviously wouldn't be tournament legal. I think that Litko has a generic maneuver dial as well, you darken in the maneuvers you need with red/white/green crayon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Page
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:

A few of my dials are pretty beat up, I wouldn't mind replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Choy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Why don't you just email FFG customer service and they'll send you a dial for free.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Lutovsky
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
raenragnarok wrote:
Why don't you just email FFG customer service and they'll send you a dial for free.

Yeah? A lot of my dials from my first ships are pretty worn out. Though only the outside is, and the inside bit is what matters really so I think i'll live. good to know though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davyd A
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jonnyd76 wrote:
atraangelis wrote:

To create your own custom ships for play at home. They obviously wouldn't be tournament legal. I think that Litko has a generic maneuver dial as well, you darken in the maneuvers you need with red/white/green crayon.

This would be my interest. Although I'm not sure of the pricing - if I'm following it correctly, for $1.50 per you can upgrade any dial to double-sided with images on the dial. If that's correct, then I could get 10 dials covering 20 ships, which would be fairly useful for me, for about $42 (shipped to Canada). Not bad.

Alas, I just ordered Wave 4 and don't have 42$ to spend for a couple weeks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shah Y
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was talking to the creator and he sent me a link to a early version design, see below. Note he has added a tier for x-wing specific dials. As for why you would want them, in my view it is to replace the cardboard ones as they ware out or to use when you expect beverages to be involved that way if something is spilled they are plastic instead of card so they wont soak it up, but then again i sleeve all my cards and replaced all my tokens (where possible) and movement rulers with plastic laser cut stuff.

http://www.nutsakgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/XCount...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Candle
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
I finally signed up on Kickstarter because this project interests me.

Can anyone identify which pledge level is best for an X-Wing set? I can't figure out which of the pledge rewards can be converted into X-Wing dials.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to me replacement dials (for X-Wing) are almost totally useless without custom ships. I put a tiny nylon washer in my dials as soon as I open them and spray them with varnish and they will probably outlive me.

.. especially since I am constantly spraying varnish and matte finish and plastidip and spray paints on things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lieffring
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:

X-Wing is a game about moving squares around on a table. Why do you need to mount expensive plastic spaceship models on top of those squares?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.