Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the first player fails a rout check with a unit in Melee, the first player unit is eliminated (unless a second friendly is still in melee), does that mean that the enemy unit that it was in Melee with prior to elimination no longer has to make a rout check (assuming the only reason for it to take one originally was the melee)?

I am really asking if rout is simultaneous like melee and I believe it is not. I think the enemy unit is not required to make a rout check. Am I right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. You only check for rout conditions at the start of your rout phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this tends to give the scenario defender an advantage in melee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher O
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Summer grasses / All that remains / Of soldiers' dreams. - Basho.
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
If the first player fails a rout check with a unit in Melee, the first player unit is eliminated (unless a second friendly is still in melee), does that mean that the enemy unit that it was in Melee with prior to elimination no longer has to make a rout check (assuming the only reason for it to take one originally was the melee)?

I am really asking if rout is simultaneous like melee and I believe it is not. I think the enemy unit is not required to make a rout check. Am I right?

As an addendum to what has already been said, this was clarified in the Ghost Panzer rules. (I had posed the exact same question when playing Screaming Eagles and Jim addressed it in the BoB:GP rules)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys. I had the amazing situation of being in Melee against a fully suppressed unit (Morale of 1) and my unit had a Morale of 9, I was the side with initiative and failed the Morale check by rolling a 10. I then spent my command point to re-roll and rolled another 10! So I got eliminated and the fully suppressed 1 Morale unit celebrated with some beer and bratwurst!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Curse your sudden but inevitable action denial!
mbmbmbmbmb
That kind of uncertainty is one part of what makes this game great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p4warrior wrote:
That kind of uncertainty is one part of what makes this game great.

Indeed! One can imagine a quite entertaining explanation of that situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Helgeson
United States
Mckinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picture the squad splitting up and crashing through 2 doors on opposite sides of the room and proceeding to shoot each other at point blank range. All while the fully suppressed enemy unit is cowering in the corner watching the entire fiasco!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
helge52 wrote:
I picture the squad splitting up and crashing through 2 doors on opposite sides of the room and proceeding to shoot each other at point blank range. All while the fully suppressed enemy unit is cowering in the corner watching the entire fiasco!

I like it. That's what it felt like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.