Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Just what the title says...figured I'd let any of you know who might be on the fence about trying this game. It's basically a complete digital version of 3rd Edition with lots of extras added. I paid full price back at release and found it well worth the money then. They've since polished the game like crazy, added a new free campaign (as well as paid DLC), and added co-op as well.

Here's a link if you're interested.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/242570/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And this game has some big differences in the game mechanic compare to board game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Evans
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Board Game Replay
badge
Check out our series at youtube.com/boardgamereplay
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
And this game has some big differences in the game mechanic compare to board game.

I agree that there are certainly some differences in terms of few mechanics but for the most part the rules are almost all the same.

I'd say the biggest differences are as follows.

1. Space Marines can't interrupt the Genestealers turn with command points. Instead left over command points will be automatically spent on unjamming.

2. To make up for the inability to interrupt, Space Marines can split up their actions. Meaning you can spend 2 activation points on 1 Space Marine, take some actions with another, and then come back to that first Space Marine and finish up.

3. Heavy Flamer doesn't just cover a "tile" but instead has variable ranges that can be adjusted by move the cursor around after selecting the action.

Granted some of those may seem pretty game changing at first, but they're actually pretty well balanced in practice. Aside from those rules changes literally everything else is just a 3D version of Space Hulk 3rd Ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crap...er I mean Thanks! (digs out wallet)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It's worth mentioning that you can also get Space Hulk for $6 in the current weekly Humble Bundle, along with 5 other games, with particular mention of the wargame Unity of Command: Stalingrad campaign. For an extra $3 you can get a game called Ironclad Tactics, a sort of alt-history Civil War game whose quality I can't speak to

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

This sale will be live until Thursday at noon CDT

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattamd wrote:
Daimond wrote:

I agree that there are certainly some differences in terms of few mechanics but for the most part the rules are almost all the same.

I'd say the biggest differences are as follows.

1. Space Marines can't interrupt the Genestealers turn with command points. Instead left over command points will be automatically spent on unjamming.

2. To make up for the inability to interrupt, Space Marines can split up their actions. Meaning you can spend 2 activation points on 1 Space Marine, take some actions with another, and then come back to that first Space Marine and finish up.

3. Heavy Flamer doesn't just cover a "tile" but instead has variable ranges that can be adjusted by move the cursor around after selecting the action.

Granted some of those may seem pretty game changing at first, but they're actually pretty well balanced in practice. Aside from those rules changes literally everything else is just a 3D version of Space Hulk 3rd Ed.
Its all true, in addition digital version have some unjamming changes during overwatch.
IMHO, if i will have choose of playing board game version or digital version at my home and i have live opponent - i am always choose the board game version. If i havent opponent for game - i will play another good solo game . Something like Space Hulk: Death Angel. If i am in travel - of course its more comfortable to play digital version on tablet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this info, I bought the whole pack
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up, I was able to get it for $6. Been wanting to check it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.