Jason Christie
United Kingdom
Greenhithe
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This promo and the Beach promo are now available for preorder on the Portal store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Collier
United States
Plattsburgh
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
de_aztec wrote:
This promo and the Beach promo are now available for preorder on the Portal store.

great news, thanks for the heads up, order placed, $14 shipped isn't bad at all considering what I was thinking of paying
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
awesome, thanks! The card size thing shouldn't be a problem, but out of curiosity, is the character card of similar size to that of Z-Man's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
got 'em in the mail last week. Characer card is compatible with Z-Man edition.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorune wrote:
got 'em in the mail last week. Characer card is compatible with Z-Man edition.

Jorune

Thanks for the info! Ordering mine tomorrow (payday yeah!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
We need this for German version of the game (by Pegasus Spiele)!

I cannot believe that there is so little love for us here, so many of those promos and mini-expansions are released and all of 'em are for English version only; Trait Cards I & II, Beast Cards, Sailor Character, Beach Cards!

I am feeling somehow penalized and thus sorry for getting it, since with all those extras that are incompatible with German version, it feels like game we have is incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uhr78 wrote:
We need this for German version of the game (by Pegasus Spiele)!

I cannot believe that there is so little love for us here, so many of those promos and mini-expansions are released and all of 'em are for English version only; Trait Cards I & II, Beast Cards, Sailor Character, Beach Cards!

I am feeling somehow penalized and thus sorry for getting it, since with all those extras that are incompatible with German version, it feels like game we have is incomplete.

I believe only the Beast Cards are incompatible with most versions. Everything else is fully compatible as long as your users don't mind English. Everything else works separately and is not mixed in with existing cards in a way that matters...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also the Spyglass promo, that is also only available in English.

But the German version has the best rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
rokkon wrote:

I believe only the Beast Cards are incompatible with most versions. Everything else is fully compatible as long as your users don't mind English. Everything else works separately and is not mixed in with existing cards in a way that matters...

English and German are both "Germanic" languages, but no matter "my" understanding of any languages, different ones are incompatible per se.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can mix languages. I use German promos in Middle-earth that aren't available in English. Not ideal, but it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
I can, but I can also combine many things but that is not the point...

Good example is this, some of our family members don't understand English, and therefore cannot normally play game with English components that are language dependent (which RC is)...

So please, I don't want to sound impolite, but please stop telling me I could use English and German components together, I know that, but the experience is flawed then (even for me, no matter my understanding).
It is not fair that customers that have purchased non-english versions are cut from those extras for so long. Really I know, it is not the case, but it still feels that game is incomplete seeing/knowing all those extra parts of the game which is unavailable to us.
In the end it seems that sadly the message is; don't buy non-english game versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandar Licul
Austria
Krems an der Donau
Niederösterreich
flag msg tools
rokkon wrote:
Everything else is fully compatible as long as your users don't mind English.

Well we obviously DO mind, since we bought German version of the game and not the English one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question, you can use the sailor in scenarios 1-6 and with 2-4 players? Or is descarted as the soldier when playing few players (1-3)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.