Popular Tags: [View All]
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what everyone's experience with Wizkid's customer service has been.

I'm trying to get a simple token that was missing from my copy of Mage Knight, but they have this weird system where you have to create a "package." My request has just been sitting there for weeks, and I'm getting no response from an email I sent.

Fantasy Flight and Asmodee have always so fast and helpful with their customer service. Wizkids has been a real disappointment so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience is that they do not respond. I had a similar problem almost two years ago. I have not had any response from Wizkids or NECA, but my local store fixed it independent of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know plenty of reviewers, myself included, who have written them for review copies with ZERO response. They simply have no interest in dealing with their fans or customers.

If they didn't make Star Trek: Attack Wing, I wouldn't care at all about them as I don't enjoy most of their games but ST:AW is pretty sweet, so I wish they were better to their customers. Maybe they're just really busy, who knows...I want to give them the benefit of the doubt but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not aware WizKids had customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Doe
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...wonderful.

It's past the return date, but I suppose I could order another copy from Amazon and just return my copy of MK with the missing piece. So ridiculous...they cause themselves more trouble by ignoring customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed
United States
Raynham
MA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Little late to the party, but did you ever have any luck with this?

I had a negative experience with Wizkids recently, and have found no way to report it to anyone, only their odd form-based contact page that has no simple email option. I've come to the decision that I'm done with Wizkids as a result - there's a lot of great companies and great games out there, no reason to give my money to people that don't care about their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert DeLand
msg tools
Same experience here with a missing die from Quarmageddon. Their replacement mechanism is so complicated I've given up. I was interested in purchasing Mage Knight, Marvel Dice Masters and some of the Star Trek Games, but will probably reconsider that after this experience with WizKids. There are too many good companies out there who do care about their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Robben
Belgium
Antwerp
Antwerp
flag msg tools
And here...
badge
I should really add something smart and sparkly here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think they have customer service. They had Kafka design something and called it good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm having difficulty myself. No response from the official replacement email address after several weeks.

I had purchased Fleet Captains and both expansions, multiple broken parts upon opening the boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wonka11235
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience has been poor. I need to have a MK token replaced, and it has been over a month in their "replacement system" queue, and they have not responded to an email that I sent them 2 weeks ago.

At this point, I will probably avoid Wizkids products going forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I got one of the D&D Attack Wing dragons with a misprinted flight dial. That was over two weeks ago. No one has responded to my e-mail. My messages on Facebook basically get a "Sorry, but we're busy" response. There "Package Creation" tool on their web site only cover up through Wave 2 of the game when Wave 4 is on the market. Completely ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wylie Stone

North Royalton
Ohio
msg tools
mb
Great. Just busted out Mage Knight (bought it a while ago) only to find it had 3 missing cards. I went through that inane web-based thing but am none too hopeful. Has anybody here had a decent experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wonka11235
United States
Castle Rock
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my replacement piece. Took 2 months, from start to finish, with no emails from customer service except for the "we just mailed your stuff" email at the very end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Smith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on WizKids. Their web form is pretty simple. I suggest you all do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wylie Stone

North Royalton
Ohio
msg tools
mb
OK - looks like they've made the thing a bit more comprehensible - BUT now they want a scan of the sales receipt showing purchase within 90 days. Hell, I've got games I haven't even opened in twice that time.
So I guess I'm SOL.

I just want 3 cards. That I paid for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever word is worse than atrocious, that about sums up their service. Still waiting for a response on my half dozen requests emailed to them on issues I had with some jacked Mage Knight expansion cards. That was several months ago. I'm speaking with my wallet and they're off my game company buy list. Too many good ones out there to support a bad one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedo1 wrote:
Just curious what everyone's experience with Wizkid's customer service has been.

I'm trying to get a simple token that was missing from my copy of Mage Knight, but they have this weird system where you have to create a "package." My request has just been sitting there for weeks, and I'm getting no response from an email I sent.

Fantasy Flight and Asmodee have always so fast and helpful with their customer service. Wizkids has been a real disappointment so far.

Somewhere between "god awful" & "are you friggin kidding me"

All will be forgiven if they knock it out of the park with ToEE later this month

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add one more to the opinion of "non-existent customer service".

I bought a board game of theirs a month ago (X-Men: Mutant Revolution) and it was missing a bunch of pieces to put together the dials that are essential to the game. I used their buggy replacement system to submit a request and waited.

It's now over a month and I'm still waiting (and emailing them on a daily basis).

I'm comparing this to the time I ended up losing a Raptor for my BattleStar Galactica game (my fault I'm sure) and when I contacted Fantasy Flight the next day, I got a response from them the same day and then received the replacement Raptor almost immediately. Good experience vs. terrible experience.

But then, it probably explains why when I found out that I had missing parts, I went "Oh crap! It's WizKids" as I've had enough experience with their "quality control" from Heroclix and Dicemasters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judd Jacobs
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
"Live Long and Prosper" - "May the force be with you."
badge
"...it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay…"
mbmbmbmbmb
wonka11235 wrote:
Just got my replacement piece. Took 2 months, from start to finish, with no emails from customer service except for the "we just mailed your stuff" email at the very end.

This is good to know. I submitted my package for Mage Knight on their website (damaged character, missing gems and token) on 31MAY16. I have emailed them at 1 week, 2 weeks, and 4 weeks and each time they just keep giving me the same canned response "Thank you for contacting us about your issue. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, please be patient while our packaging department processes your package. I'm sure you will receive your package soon."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recognize that this is appears to be thread necromancy, but it is actually a pertinent follow up.

I had an amazing customer service resolution to the issue I posted about above.

At Origins this year (2017), I went up to the WizKids booth and gently complained about my broken components from purchasing the expansions to Fleet Captains years ago, my attempt at emailing customer service and my attempt at using the automated service. Anyway a very clear and professional lady by the name of Stephanie [press@wizkids.com] presented herself as the new person who would resolve issues of failed communications and instructed me to contact her in email. I was a little skeptical but did as she said and she promptly translated the issue to the parts department and had all of my components shipped. She even followed up to make sure everything had gone as planned.

I applaud Wizkids for hiring someone like her and thank both Stephanie and WizKids for doing right by this customer in the end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.