United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Trust Yourself!
mbmbmbmbmb
These are a couple of the standout deals at http://toysforthought.com/

It's probably worth browsing their whole selection but these stood out as me as being good games that are notably cheaper than at Miniature Market.

Isla Dorada
Mr. Jack
Puerto Rico
The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus
Portobello Market

Note: I have not yet purchased anything from this website myself.

Note 2: Isla Dorada is a game that Bruno Faidutti called his best design as of Nov 2010. http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/faidutti?rated=1&su...

EDIT: It would appear Puerto Rico and The Adventurers are no longer in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Toys for Thought] Isla Dorada ($18), Mr. Jack ($20), Puerto Rico ($25), The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus ($19)
It's a good store. I've ordered before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Toys for Thought] Isla Dorada ($18), Mr. Jack ($20), Puerto Rico ($25), The Adventurers: The Pyramid of Horus ($19)
I'll certainly vouch for the ability of TfT to deliver. I've ordered once or twice with satisfactory results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Airick wrote:

I've dropped a fair number of dollars at Toys For Thought, but this 'EDIT' note is the standard caveat for their site.

They list several items that they don't have in stock, and in a few cases haven't been in stock for a long time. This can make browsing for things to fill an order with quite frustrating.

An ordering system linked with an inventory management system (by no means at all a difficult thing in modern web commerce) would be a major improvement at Toys For Thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boris
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmb
KGBRadioMoskow wrote:
Airick wrote:

I've dropped a fair number of dollars at Toys For Thought, but this 'EDIT' note is the standard caveat for their site.

They list several items that they don't have in stock, and in a few cases haven't been in stock for a long time. This can make browsing for things to fill an order with quite frustrating.

An ordering system linked with an inventory management system (by no means at all a difficult thing in modern web commerce) would be a major improvement at Toys For Thought.

This is frustrating, but can be circumvented by doing an advanced search for 'in-stock only' or somethin' like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The interesting this is I don't think most of those deals are anything more than everyday prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Steffen
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
badge
Trust Yourself!
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
The interesting this is I don't think most of those deals are anything more than everyday prices.

Yes, I believe they are all Toys for Thought's standard prices. I posted them because they were cheaper than Miniature Market (my go to because I live in St. Louis and they generally have the best deals on new games.)

Also of note is that Toys for Thought has relatively cheap shipping rates.

EDIT: This is my first time browsing Toys for Thought and I found it interesting that some of their games are listed at full retail and thus, much more expensive than CSI or MM, and some of their games are very cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.