Popular Tags: [View All]
Greg Schloesser
United States
Jefferson City
TN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael again was the first to arrive and we had about 15 minutes or so before Jim, Melissa and Keith were expected to arrive. So, I introduced him to Tamsk, part of the Gipf project series.

Tamsk is probably my least favorite of the three games I've played in the series (I have yet to play Gipf). It's OK, but I find the time pressures imposed by the rules and game system doesn't allow for careful planning of one's moves. Further, I don't find there is a wide range of strategic options here ... just try to think quickly, spot a good move and take it. Oh, there are some tactics you can employ, but the lack of time for careful planning makes this one feel as though I'm "winging it". I'm sure aficionados of the game will certainly disagree and spot much deeper strategies and possibilities, but I don't have time to spot 'em. I must be doing something right as I've won all but one of the Tamsk games I've played so far.

Michael proved a very smart player, avoiding many of the mistakes made by those new to the game. He successfully avoided getting his hourglasses boxed in too early and gave himself some nice maneuvering room. Eventually, I succeeded in reducing his mobility and was able to deplete my stock of rings. Michael ended the game with two rings remaining.

Ratings: Both 6's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.