Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: houston [+] [View All]
David Kiehnhoff
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just moved to the Northwest side near Willowbrook and am looking for game partners and to form new game groups with those nearby. I moved from North Houston and am aware of the North Houston Boardgamers Meetup, but am looking specifically for people in the immediate area to play games on a regular basis outside of the North Houston meetups.

I'm 32, male, and been gaming for about 10 years. My collection is pretty much always up to date with what I have, so if you're nearby and want to get together let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a Houston Meetup group to find gaming all over town at - http://www.meetup.com/boardgames-313/

On Saturdays, we game all day out here in Katy (listed on that Meetup). It's not exactly NW Houston, but I know we have attendees from that direction so you might make some more local contacts if you come down to see us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live off 290 and Barker Cypress. I don't attend the meetups but am open to get togethers. Have done some one on one games. My collection is up to date as well. Geekmail me when you're available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live up on the Northwest side (off 249 and Jones Road) and I regularly attend the Saturday meetups in Katy (10 hours of gaming and all you can eat is awesome). That being said, I realize it's quite a drive. There quite a bit of us up in this area now and one of the guys has been talking about getting a meetup together in the area. We really just need to find a good location to host us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I need to go one day. I live out that way but always chicken out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chicken out? OK, I can see you being afraid that Ben might be there to heap ridicule upon you and your favorite games, but other than that we're all nice enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Derscheid
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
foxtrot2620 wrote:
I live up on the Northwest side (off 249 and Jones Road) and I regularly attend the Saturday meetups in Katy (10 hours of gaming and all you can eat is awesome). That being said, I realize it's quite a drive. There quite a bit of us up in this area now and one of the guys has been talking about getting a meetup together in the area. We really just need to find a good location to host us.

There's already a good contingent of 249 & Loutta-ish folks, too. Boardgames-313 is meeting tomorrow at Nich's place (listed on the meetup), and it's much closer than Katy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't ever see any Boardgames-313 meetups off 249 on the calendar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Texsun
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Spring close to 45 (specifically 2920 and 45) and have noted the Katy meetup group but there's two things that I can't quite get over with going out there: one, it's so far (I worked for Academy Sports corporate for a year and the commute was a killer at 50 miles each way), and it's at a Chinese food buffet (I've lost 50 pounds since the beginning of the year and going into that place would be like a clean & sober person going into a crack den).

249 and Louetta is a heck of a lot closer. Sadly there used to be a gaming store right off of Spring Cypress and 249 but it closed down years ago, RIGHT after I discovered it (of course).

I, too, cannot locate any 249-ish meetups on the calendar - they're all West U, Clear Lake, Katy, and other places very far away from up here. Maybe we just need to create our own.

I'm 45, male, been gaming since 1977, and have written game reviews and boardgame/computer game manuals for over ten years. I often get wargames for review purposes and when they're not solitaire games, I need to play 'em with other people to get a feel for them before writing something up. I'm down to play pretty much anything though, not just wargames. My daughter and son may be interested in joining too.

If there's ever a 249/Louetta meetup that would be a great thing. Surely there's some place in the area that would be willing to host a bunch of gamers (as long as it's not a crack den or buffet-style restaurant, LOL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rossi
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I'm also in Northwest Houston, and I would be interested in joining if we are able to get something going.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Fontanelli
France
flag msg tools
Hello,

I am also looking for gamers, I am located in The woodlands area, quite far, but I am ready to drive once per week to play some games in your area.
I have like 200 games here (a mix of boardgames and wargames), I used to play at any game but I really prefer the complex ones (like Twilight struggle, sekigahara, Martin Wallace's games etc...).

Please contact me if you need gamers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Stearns
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are enough of us on the NW side to do a meet and greet and set something up for once a month. We just need somewhere to meet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, don't mean to highjack this thread, but we are looking for Houston area gamers who might want to join in a package deal for a cool game on Kickstarter called Yashima: Legend of the Kami Masters. It would be the Silver Pledge level which gives the base game plus a growing list of extra content.

If interested, PM me.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greenbriergames/yashima...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Bartels
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm moving to Spring at the end of the month. I'm down for whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.