Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I already asked this question and got the answer:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080964/hanabi-gana-o-explot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Brien
Australia
Fitzgibbon (Brisbane)
QLD
flag msg tools
...but don't tell anyone!
badge
The Secret Bread Empire Über Alles!
mbmbmbmbmb
baltaistehws wrote:
I already asked this question and got the answer:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1080964/hanabi-gana-o-explot...

Because following Jānis Rudzītis' (baltaistehws) link - thanks for posting that, Jānis! - involves following some other links to get the whole story, I wanted to collect all the info and then backtrack so it could all be together in one place. So here's what Jānis' link will take you to:

cyberkev63 wrote:
browzilla wrote:
I'm not fluent in Spanish but after a little work with Google Translate the visible card reads something like
Quote:

if all the cards of one type are discarded, preventing the end of a series (the two yellow cards value 3, for example)
Important: Beware! Letters of value of 5 are all unique and essential to win. Guard them in your hand!

if the red markers are exhausted or were just available without achieving the objective

Advanced Variations:
add any or all of these rules for a harder game

Dropping a letter to be useful not yet recovered blue marker

When playing a card players have to say before which series it belongs to

play with only 6 blue markers

The last two variants I touched up, but I can't quite make out some words in the first one. I think maybe it's supposed to be that discarding a card that is useful does not recover you a blue marker. I'm not sure whether useful is defined as currently playable or yet unplayed, though I'd suspect the former since the later would make the game very very hard.

EDIT: I've also just found this post consisting of some Spanish variants. One of them appears to be the same as listed above, but with more detail, and one made it into the rules in the new printing of the game

Just to keep everything together:

The post that David Vriezen (browzilla) references - http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/63287/variantes-en-espanol... - is a PDF of a Spanish translation of a French blog entry from Antoine Bauza in which he proposes some variants for Hanabi. In the comments of the post is this English translation by Fermin Uribetxebarria (mcfer):

mcfer wrote:
Let me do here a quick translation to English (some minor mistakes could be here and there) whistle I will also post it in the forum.

Hanabi variants and details

Launched in spring 2010, the small box Hanabi&Ikebana is doing step by step his way into the gaming world. The game seems to have found strong supporters and I'm happy for it. Interestingly, despite a relatively small number of copies, the game has an excellent average grade BGG: 8,05 / 10 (14/12/2010) over my other game "7 Wonders" which has 7.96 / 10!
I received several e-mails, thanking for Hanabi (which has completely overshadowed his younger brother, Ikebana, as I mentioned in another post). Some asked for clarifications and to discuss some alternatives, which gives me the opportunity to make a small post on this blog

Clarifications

1. The first clarification is important because it is a phrase that has disappeared from the rules:
the player must draw a card after playing one, so he has the same number of cards in his hand at all times.
2. You may provide information on the absence of a color or a value in the hand of a player:
- "You do not have green cards in your hand"
- "You have no cards with value 2"
I'm not sure about the strategic advantage of this information, but the rules do not prevent it. Give me your opinion about it if you've had a chance to use it...

Variants

1. (Perfectly) synchronized choreography
When playing a card to build a firework, the player may announce the color of the card. If successful, the card is placed in the usual way and the player can put a blue token back in the box. If the guess is incorrect, the card is discarded and a red token is added to the box. Players are free to make this option mandatory (perfectly synchronized choreography), so it is necessary to always tell the color of the card played.

2. Grand Final (variant proposed by Pol Cors of Homoludicus, Spain)
The game does not end in the next round after taking the last card, but continues until either the players lose (three red tokens in the box) or until success (all fireworks are finished completely). There are no scores other ratings. Note: when the deck of cards is empty, the players cannot win blue chips in any way back.

If you've played several games using these versions, I am very interested in reading your comments about them

Hanabi in 2011?

I am sharing these variants in the hope of hearing their views and comments, before the 2011 new edition, since the release of "Les XII Singes" is almost sold out. I do not know yet if it is interesting to include these variants in the rules... In fact, I will add them depending on your feedback... and if I manage to get some free space in the rules

This new edition will also correct the error in the colors of the cards, which make some players impossible tell the colors well. We will try to fix it to make it accessible to as many people as possible. If you have suggestions in this regard, they will also be more than welcomed!

Have a good game!

Antoine Bouza
http://toinito.free.fr/blog/?p=880

Note that the URL (address) of Antoine's blog has changed.

The above-referenced blog entry - from 13th or 14th December 2010 - can now be found at:

http://www.antoinebauza.fr/?p=880
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I honestly gave up after clicking the link within a Jānis's link. You can see why...

Quote:
The post that David Vriezen (browzilla) references is a PDF of a Spanish translation of a French blog entry from Antoine Bauza

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.