Subject: what do you think Locutus will be like rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
i am surprised he did not come with the borg cube. i really hope we get to see him since he is jut as important if not more important then the borg queen.
i think hes going to be a captain skill of 9, and is going to have a really good ability, i cant think what ability should have yet but it should be the borgs best captain.
i am also wondering would the uniue rule go into effect if you choose to Picard and Locutus in your build. since they are the same person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
msg tools
It would be thematic and cool if he could disable all shields for ships in a certain range. Maybe make it complicated for him to do, sort of like captain Data's de-cloak

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think we will probably see Locutus on the "other" borg cube, roll on November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
I'm serious, not trolling when I ask this.

1) What did Locutus do that justifies making him a captain? He was just another drone. The ONLY reason he was treated in a different manner was that his face was familiar to the federation for the sake of communication. At no point did he appear to command that cube.

2) He didn't do anything except have his knowledge downloaded to the collective and talk. He actually turned out to be a huge liability for the Borg as it allowed the Ent-D to use plot bombs to destroy the cube.

I double checked memory alpha to make sure my memory is correct.

Locutus never commanded a cube and was actually detrimental to the borg. Why would he be some excellent captain for them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don D.
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Locutus was not on a tactical cube so it should not be surprising that he didnt come in this cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Tripp
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dond80 wrote:
Locutus was not on a tactical cube so it should not be surprising that he didnt come in this cube.

Well 7 of 9 was never on a sphere yet she came in the sphere expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Even if they do manage to make him as a captain (instead of a drone) he most certainly wouldn't be a "9".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Townsend
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
H00D4M4N wrote:
Even if they do manage to make him as a captain (instead of a drone) he most certainly wouldn't be a "9".

Reasoning behind your thought?

If they do a Locutus, why wouldn't he be the same skill if not higher than the non assimilated Picard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Drazz wrote:
H00D4M4N wrote:

Reasoning behind your thought?

If they do a Locutus, why wouldn't he be the same skill if not higher than the non assimilated Picard?

Just because he's a 9 in non-assimilated form doesn't mean that would automatically transfer over to the Borg. As others have mentioned, he was a liability so a 9 is probably a bit much.

I also don't think Shinzon should be a 9 either. Despite being a clone of Picard, he was not functioning at his full potential. An 8 for him is probably max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

1) What did Locutus do that justifies making him a captain? He was just another drone. The ONLY reason he was treated in a different manner was that his face was familiar to the federation for the sake of communication. At no point did he appear to command that cube.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: You're lying. You wanted more than just another Borg drone. You wanted a human being with a mind of his own, who could bridge the gulf between humanity and the Borg! You wanted a counterpart! But I resisted. I fought you.

Locutus was, for lack of a better term, the Speaker-to-Humans. He had a name, and directed the negotiation (or lack of same) with Enterprise, and supervised the attempted assimilation of Earth.

If he had simply been a drone, a data chip, then he wouldn't have addressed Enterprise, wouldn't have used the singular pronoun, and wouldn't have had enough awareness to help Data plant those plot-bombs you mentioned.

In as much as any cube has a captain, Locutus was a captain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:

Well arguably, no Borg ship has a Captain, in the traditional sense of the word, but in STAW they do, so if a "Tactical Drone" is a Captain, then why not Locutus?

And he IS shown standing in front of a view screen during the Battle with the Enterprise, seemingly guiding the actions of the Cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Locutus may not have captained the Borg Assimilation Cube, but the Borg don't really have captains in the traditional sense, so referring to tactical drones as captains is equally problematic. Even the Borg Queen is not a true captain.

What Locutus did do was contribute knowledge of Star Fleet's tactical and defensive capabilities to the Borg and that knowledge was certainly instrumental in negating the initial attempts by the Enterprise to disable the cube and probably in the battle at Wolf 359 as well.

Regardless of these considerations, Picard was a Starfleet Captain, and Locutus has the knowledge and experience of Picard. There is no reason not to name Locutus a Captain even if he didn't technically act as a captain on the Borg Cube.

It might be reasonable to give him a lower captain's skill, on the basis of Picard trying to resist the Borg in some small way, but one could make an argument that Locutus should have a higher skill than Picard because of the efficiency of the Borg hive mind. I would certainly be happy with a skill 9 Locutus.

I'm certainly curious about his ability though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Locutus should be equal in captain skill to the queen at most. I'm not sure what kind of ability he would have though. Maybe to represent the shock the opposing crew feels at seeing Picard assimilated it could be something like ACTION: Choose a ship within range 1. That ship may not use its listed actions this turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
He could be really nasty and do something like 'all enemy ships roll one less attack die' for an action. That would be really mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Vulcan
msg tools
mbmb
I wonder if he will be the only borg captain who's skill does not go down with the drone tokens? or perhaps no drone tokens at all, instead perhaps some skill that reads "An ability on this ship that requires drone tokens may be used as though it required 1 less drone tokens to play" thus he could stay as a 9ish and stay static.
That would be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Wilson
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Roynaldo wrote:
dond80 wrote:

Well 7 of 9 was never on a sphere yet she came in the sphere expansion

She was actually originally on a sphere.
The sphere crashed on Planet 1865-Alpha, and I believe 3-4 other drones with here survived and were separated from the collective.
So technically she was on a sphere, but who knows what sphere.

I like the idea of Locutus denying ships action as said earlier.

6 drone tokens.
Action: Spend a drone token and perform a free target lock. Place a Locutus token beside that ship if there is not already one beside it.

locutus token
This ship may only perform the following action:
Action: Remove a locutus token from this ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.