Lords of Waterdeep» Forums » Rules

Subject: What is the timing on quest completion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve G.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't own LoW, but it comes out often enough that I want to make sure it's getting played right. When and how often can quests be completed? For instance, if a quest's rewards would allow me to complete another quest, would I have to wait before completing it as well? If so, how long?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rulebook, Page 10:

COMPLETE QUEST

After assigning an Agent, you may complete one Quest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
You never wait to execute card effect, when they trigger.

The general rule is one quest can be completed each time you assign or reassign an agent - with a max of one quest each turn, no matter if some effects lets you assign or reassign more than one agent.

One building effect (and probably some card effects) will let you complete more than the usual one quest/agent. Then the building or card effect overrules the general rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Buttimer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, we've always played that you can "stack" quests. Good to know the real rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now you understand why people complain about Mandatory Quests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Buttimer
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, people complained before. But yes, now there's much more weight to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a "Friendlyer" game, I've removed the mandatory quests cards. My wife likes it much better this way, and I do to (unless I'm playing my "Gamer" friends).

"And while the hordes of death are mighty, the battalions of life are mightier still. It is my hope that my son, when I am gone, will remember me not from the battle but in the home repeating with him our simple daily prayer, 'Our Father who art in heaven." Douglas MacArthur <><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.