Subject: [WIP] Collapse: deck building card game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan Goddard
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
I am new to this forum but I have been working on Collapse for several months now. Here is a video explaining what the game is and how it works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89XYN_VDHk

Here are a few of the cards http://imgur.com/a/Wy9OM#0

I would love your thoughts on
The Theme: Whether or not the game seems fun/interesting to you.
The Design: How do the cards look?, is the intro video consistent with the theme?
The Mechanics: How would you tweak the mechanics, or my explanation of them?
Sales: Would you buy it on kickstarter, and if so what would you pay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks quite polished!

First reaction: DARK!!!! oh my god?!?! What a dark theme!! Do i want to play a game with such a dark theme? probably not (personal preference), but it does look intriguing.

I like the idea of different scenarios with different ways the world is going to end.
I dislike the idea of winning beacuse i'm going to survive 3 days longer than the other player. Who cares? The world is ending, there is no hope, let's all die together...

The cards look good. Not "super amazing and i want prints to hang on my wall" but they're good. functional.

Sorry, was just rushing out of the house and didn't have more time to wtach the whole video (and actually pay attantion to all the rules).

It's probably not the kind of game i'd buy (because of the dark theme, just not my thing). Most of the people i play with, enjoy lighter themes (we're a very casual crowd). We mostly also don't enjoy dark movies, though i did recently watch "true detectives", but that only went down well because it was absolutely exceptional...
So i don't know, it's probably more the kind of game i'd keep an eye on if it was on kickstarter, and after it's (hopefully) been kickstarted successfully i'll check out reviews and if it's really good i might get it.
But not on an "impulse" kickstarter purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Goddard
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Great Feedback! Thanks for your thoughts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Goddard
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Also... It really isn't that dark of a theme... Or at least it isn't intended to be. It is about surviving after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme: it sounds thematically almost like a prequel to a game I've been tinkering with.

Design: I quite like what you've shown of the card design.
Video-wise, your voiceover intro seems totally superfluous, as you yourself repeat all the stuff it covers.

Mechanics: I don't have enough of a clear picture of the flow of a turn. Specifically, is it highly structured, like the "1 Action, 1 Buy" motion of Dominion, or more free-flowing, like ... practically everything else?
Being able to stash a limited amount of stuff seems cool.
I really like the idea of different scenarios, but it doesn't sound like they actually change the game much?

Sales: Shipping to Australia being what it is, I'm sorry to easy, I probably wouldn't.
If it hit the shelves here, I'd probably pay up to about $40 for it, which is about halfway between what I paid for Eaten by Zombies! (the current best postapocalypse deckbuilder) and DC Deckbuilding (my current go-to deckbuilder).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian DeRego
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Theme: I like that its not your normal "end of the world" game. Sorta like how "Red Dragon Inn" is to your typical dungeon crawler.

Design: Love the card design! Looks very professional.

Mechanics: For me, personally, I have a hard time understanding things like this, specially through just a video. I would need to play it hands on. But I did get the main idea and I think its pretty rad.

Sales: I could totally see this game in my collection! I think anywhere from like $20-$30 would be good? Maybe a lil more? ($35)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Goddard
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Hey Thanks for the Response! I will totally keep you in the loop as we get closer to launch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Goddard
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
Some New Cards http://imgur.com/a/GaNX7

Any Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian DeRego
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
WhoIsEddieWillers wrote:
Some New Cards http://imgur.com/a/GaNX7

Any Thoughts?

Looking good!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.