57 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Do Decker and Ilia make the cut? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Staley
msg tools
With the release of the re-fit Enterprise only a couple of weeks away now (Kahless willing), will we see a Commander Decker and Ilia crew cards or will we get new upgraded original crew cards? Hopefully we'll get a Captain Spock card. Your thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Calvert
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Personally, hoping for captain cards for Decker and Spock (Decker being the high skill, one Spock the lower skill one) instead of Kirk and whoever.

Ilia will properly make the cut as a crew card though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew C wrote:
Personally, hoping for captain cards for Decker and Spock (Decker being the high skill, one Spock the lower skill one) instead of Kirk and whoever.

Ilia will properly make the cut as a crew card though.

Wha? Decker was a total numpty that spent the entire film whinging that Kirk took over his command, if he is more than a skill 5 there will be something wrong with the game.

If I was choosing for Spock I think skill 7 is probably about right (or it would be if Sisko wasn't hobbled with a 6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
I can see Decker being a mid-level captain. He should probably carry an extra Tech Slot with him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ex8404 wrote:
I can see Decker being a mid-level captain. He should probably carry an extra Tech Slot with him.

Decker with his Tech Slot.... laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dario gonzalez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
if they release a vger ship he should come with it as well as cyber ilia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought, but is this expansion the USS Enterprise (refit), or the USS Emterprise-A?

If it is the A then Decker seems an unlikely captain because he was MIA before the ship was even launched. It also depends on what crew we would be expecting, for example the refit could have Ilia and Saavik, while the A could have Valeris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Corby
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it says refit, which would imply the first movie. They didn't get the Enterprise A until later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevecorby wrote:
I believe it says refit, which would imply the first movie. They didn't get the Enterprise A until later.

That's cool, the refit covers the first three movies, we get the A at the start of the 5th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd love to see Decker and Ilia from TMP and Kirstie Alley's Saavik from Star Trek 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Spiney_Norman wrote:
stevecorby wrote:

That's cool, the refit covers the first three movies, we get the A at the start of the 5th.

End of the 4th

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevecorby wrote:

First three movies, so Saavik would be possible as well. I'd also find Spock a more likely captain than Decker. He was actually the captain of the Enterprise in ST2 and we actually saw him command the Enterprise numerous times in TOS (also, the other 3 first officers have captain cards....).

I think though, unless they have explicit plans to release an A in the future that elements from the last two movies are possible (Valeris primarily comes to mind).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Dole
msg tools
ex8404 wrote:

Admiral Kirk should have the ability to equip a Federation Captain with skill of 6 or less as a [crew] upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Midwest Razorback wrote:
I'd love to see Decker and Ilia from TMP and Kirstie Alley's Saavik from Star Trek 2.

I had mentioned elsewhere on here that there should be two crew cards for Saavik: The Kirstie Alley one, and the Robin Curtis one. The ability is:

Any time you are required to discard a card, you may discard Saavik instead. Then, when you discard this Saavik card, you may place the other Saavik card onto your ship. Your opponent has to pretend not to notice the difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
My bets...

Kirk as Level 9 Captain
Spock as a level 6? Captain
Decker as the Generic

Crew:

Saavik
Scotty
Uhura

No Ilea, Chekov or Sulu.

Torpedoes, with either a tech or talent that makes them more useful against cloaked ships

Scenario will be the fight against Chang in ST6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Barnes
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whatever we get this is going to be another fat pack. By the speculation also shows lots will be left out no matter the direction they go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas wilson
msg tools
how shocker would it be if it was all JJA star trek crew and art?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zraktor wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we'll see Decker, but not Ilia.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bottom line is what kind of ship the refit is. If it's the simple Refit, we'll see things from Trek 1-3. If it's the A, then that's 5-6.

If WizKids had any sense at all they'd release crew cards for unique people from the movies. We have the TOS lineup already from the Enterprise and Reliant expansions and there is NO requirement to repeat them. I want to see Ilea, Saavik, and Valieris on my ship. Not another copy of Spock, Scotty, and Checkov.

I'd be happy to see either Captain Spock or Captain Decker. Hopefully it'll be both, and if they do Admiral Kirk I hope it's a fantastic ability at least.

I very much doubt the scenario is going to be Undiscovered Country because then what's the mission for Chang's bird of Prey? My guess is it would be either some V'ger scenario, the Genesis Planet (Trek 3), or for the A it could be the rescue mission to Nimbus III.

In any case I'll be buying multiples of these. I love the Motion Picture Fleet and the Refit Enterprise is my favorite ship of all time (Ahead of the Reliant and the Vengeance from Into Darkness).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I'm pretty sure we'll see a Decker Captain card--he'll be the generic.

I mean, who else could be the generic captain? It's a bummer, but there it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Norsehound wrote:
Bottom line is what kind of ship the refit is. If it's the simple Refit, we'll see things from Trek 1-3. If it's the A, then that's 5-6.

Well, the ship token just says U.S.S. Enterprise, and that's how its listed on the solicits. It seems to be the movie version of the original, which would imply just from the first three. I think its possible that they'd just pull from all the movies though if it was a good idea and they had no explicit plans for an A.

Quote:
If WizKids had any sense at all they'd release crew cards for unique people from the movies. We have the TOS lineup already from the Enterprise and Reliant expansions and there is NO requirement to repeat them. I want to see Ilea, Saavik, and Valieris on my ship. Not another copy of Spock, Scotty, and Checkov.

I'd be happy to see either Captain Spock or Captain Decker. Hopefully it'll be both, and if they do Admiral Kirk I hope it's a fantastic ability at least.

As far as those go, I'm almost sure it will be Kirk and Spock as captains. If they do Decker, I could see him being a crew. Seems like Saavik would be a given (I mean, if they were doing a Grissom at some point, there ARE two of her ), and Ilia certainly possible. Beyond that I think it depends on whether or not they pull stuff from 5-6. I think they might, because a Valeris would be cool. If there's also an original crew that was maybe a bit weak, or has a bit of a different role in the movies, they could redo one or two here.

Quote:
I very much doubt the scenario is going to be Undiscovered Country because then what's the mission for Chang's bird of Prey? My guess is it would be either some V'ger scenario, the Genesis Planet (Trek 3), or for the A it could be the rescue mission to Nimbus III.

The most iconic scenario for the Enterprise refit was taken by the Reliant (naturally), so I think your guesses are best. Since they're starting to do solo scenarios, I could see a V'Ger solo scenario for this wave.

Quote:
I mean, who else could be the generic captain

The lady from the Saratoga in Star Trek IV. Or Styles, because he's a jerkwad. Or Starfleet's CnC from Star Trek III. Or Admiral Cartwright! Lots of choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ginever
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zraktor wrote:

Somewhat unlikely since we don't yet have a refit constitution class in the JJverse.

Besides, surely wizkids know that the JJverse is not real Star Trek, its 'we hate actual science-trek'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And their license may or may not cover those movies. On the one hand, you hope not. On the other, the Romulans could probably use another ship (the Narada).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yourmonkey06 wrote:
And their license may or may not cover those movies. On the one hand, you hope not. On the other, the Romulans could probably use another ship (the Narada).

Wizkids has license for the JJA Trek stuff. See: Star Trek: Expeditions. I co-opted the Enterprise to sub for my Teenyprise. The Klingon ship is actually a really cool variant on the D7/K'Tinga chassis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.