Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the original printing of BSG, the one with the misprinted Admiral Title card. I finally got tired of explaining to new players that the Admiral card is incorrect, so I set out to find a correct version. I noticed FFG made a PDF file with the correction available on their website, but having a paper-printed copy really is not ideal.

I contacted the company hoping for a replacement. I'd even pay for the card if I had to. Unfortunately, FFG doesn't believe in replacing misprinted components; they only care about missing or damaged components. It doesn't matter if you're a long-time loyal customer that owns many FFG games and sleeve all your games in FFG sleeves. They can't be bothered to spend $1 to correct their wrong and simultaneously make a happy customer. Three emails later and all I have are three emails saying how sorry they are that they are refusing to help me.

Really FFG? You couldn't spend $1 to send me this one card? Instead you'd rather upset your consumers? This isn't how you should treat your loyal customers.

If anyone reading this has a spare Admiral Title card from the base game and you're willing to part with it, please let me know. I still would really love to have the correct version of the card. I'll even pay for shipping and give you some geekgold for being awesome. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Saloff
United States
Edinboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a rebellion, isn't it? I rebel.
badge
He's a card player, gambler, scoundrel. You'd like him.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have never once had a problem with FFG's customer service. They quickly and freely replace any cards that I have received that are damaged or missing.

A misprinted card is something else though. Because it was presumably an entire print run, they would have to then replace this for everyone, for every card that is misprinted or needs fixed text like erratas, which is quite a few cards if you play some of their LCGs or card intensive board games. I don't expect FFG to do that for every one of these mistakes, especially since they are so helpful with more important issues.

What I would do, since you already said you use FFG sleeves is, just sleeve the Admiral card and then print off the paper fixed version and place the print out in front of the Admiral card in the sleeve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say about 80% or more of owned BSG games have the misprinted Admiral title card. They didn't fix the Admiral title card until recently: maybe 1-2 years ago.

If your title card was damaged severely or were missing, I'm absolutely certain FFG would have already have sent a replacement out to you. However, your title card is neither damaged nor missing, so I sort of understand why they're not sending one out to you.

They probably do not have stacks and stacks of the updated Admiral title card: those that they do have will be given to customers that are missing their title card or had their card severely damaged.

FFG has some of the most fantastic customer support. When I lost my piloting tokens, they sent me each and every cardboard component from the base game and the expansions. I would send those to you if you needed those, but unfortunately I do not have an extra title card to send you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Idaho
United States
NYC
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They generally update the cards and release them through expansions. I believe Pegasus has a copy of an updated Admiral card in it.

Not helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwijiboe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Hey!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pegasus has an Admiral title card for use with New Caprica only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, they would have replaced it no questions asked if I told them the card was missing from my set, but I do not want to lie in order to get what I feel they should provide freely.

True, replacing the card would require them to replace it for everyone, but honestly, how many people actually ask for a replacement. The company did provided a free-to-print copy that will satisfy most people. Many others wouldn't ask. I'd bet less than 30% of owners would actually ask for a completely new card.

I was hoping Daybreak would have a replacement since there is no change to the Admiral's nuke abilities between Daybreak and the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lost a CAC and they replaced the whole deck for me. I'll check when I get home to see if I have the correct Admiral card. I think it is a bit of hyperbole to say they don't care about customer service. FFG is one of the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AladdinSane wrote:
I lost a CAC and they replaced the whole deck for me. I'll check when I get home to see if I have the correct Admiral card. I think it is a bit of hyperbole to say they don't care about customer service. FFG is one of the best.

Thanks for the offer. If they replaced the deck with the CAC, that would have been from Exodus and would not contain the Admiral from the base game (there is a difference between the Exodus and base game Admiral cards). Still, if you have an extra base game Admiral and can part with it, that would be most excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
AladdinSane wrote:

Thanks for the offer. If they replaced the deck with the CAC, that would have been from Exodus and would not contain the Admiral from the base game (there is a difference between the Exodus and base game Admiral cards). Still, if you have an extra base game Admiral and can part with it, that would be most excellent!

Actually, since Exodus doesn't have any CACs, the Exodus deck is the one it can't have been. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 here about FFG customer service. They've always been prompt in replacing missing components.

Kwijiboe wrote:
Pegasus has an Admiral title card for use with New Caprica only.
In fact, if you play with both NC and CFB, you'll need a 3rd admiral title card, or both at the same time the would have the NC orders, and the revised nuking results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheNameWasTaken wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
AladdinSane wrote:

Actually, since Exodus doesn't have any CACs, the Exodus deck is the one it can't have been. whistle

Touché, CAG*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick L
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately my replacement card is the older version as well. Hopefully someone else here can help you out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for quality of FFG customer service. They have replaced damaged or missing pieces for me on several occasions, and promptly. Once they did not because they simply no longer had a certain piece in stock. That was a bit disappointing, because it was a missing piece and not having it was annoying (it was from an expansion that I bought in a clearance sale, so I could not even return it). But knowing how well FFG treats its customers, I know that they would have helped me if they could.

And frankly, I do not see the problem with the Admiral's Card. Sure, it isn't complete when it talks about nuke hitting chances. But that is correct in the rulebook. It is not the only place where the board or the cards are not complete on the rules. And the function of the admiral's card is to indicate who the Admiral is; the text is just meant as a reminder of what the admiral can do.

You can rest assured that if a component was damaged or missing that would make the game less playable, they would have replaced it. But you seem to be the first person who believes having an incomplete text on the admiral's card makes the game hard to play.

If they do a reprint and fix a couple of mistakes in the rulebook, would you expect them to send you a new rulebook? It would be nice, and it would be fantastic customer service if they would, but I don't think their financial base could survive such an operation.

If you feel entitled to a new card and FFG says "sorry, no", I can imagine that you feel a bit miffed, but realize that you are holding an outlier's opinion. Writing a post like you did comes over as childish. Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
If you have fun, then even if you lose you still win!
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

If anyone reading this has a spare Admiral Title card from the base game and you're willing to part with it, please let me know. I still would really love to have the correct version of the card. I'll even pay for shipping and give you some geekgold for being awesome. Thanks!

After I got the exodus expansion, I prefered the update to how nukes work, and from then on we would always use the Exodus admiral card even when playing without the CFB (Or the NC one if playing to NC) (Slightly cheesy in that we now always SP nukes in the hope to clear an entire sector on a 6+, but cylons usually win anyway, so I like to give the humans something to cheer about once in a while cool)
So considering that my old admiral card is probably lying in the bottom of one of my expansion boxes and hasnt seen the light of day in several months, I have no problem parting with it.

One thing though - I cant guarantee that I dont have the old version either. I cant actually remember the specific text.
What is the text on your Admiral card (The wrong text) And what is the specific text that it is meant to say?

If I have the card you're looking for, you can have it.

EDIT: The admiral card that I currently use is in a plastic sleeve with the NC version on one side and the Exodus version on the other. The Exodus version one is usually face up for most games, we only flip it to the NC side when we land on NC (And never ever use the base game one anymore)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfox4 wrote:
wizcreations wrote:

After I got the exodus expansion, I prefered the update to how nukes work, and from then on we would always use the Exodus admiral card even when playing without the CFB (Or the NC one if playing to NC) (Slightly cheesy in that we now always SP nukes in the hope to clear an entire sector on a 6+, but cylons usually win anyway, so I like to give the humans something to cheer about once in a while cool)
So considering that my old admiral card is probably lying in the bottom of one of my expansion boxes and hasnt seen the light of day in several months, I have no problem parting with it.

One thing though - I cant guarantee that I dont have the old version either. I cant actually remember the specific text.
What is the text on your Admiral card (The wrong text) And what is the specific text that it is meant to say?

If I have the card you're looking for, you can have it.

EDIT: The admiral card that I currently use is in a plastic sleeve with the NC version on one side and the Exodus version on the other. The Exodus version one is usually face up for most games, we only flip it to the NC side when we land on NC (And never ever use the base game one anymore)

Thank you for offering! Here is what the correct title card looks like:
Admiral Title Card

The incorrect version has different (wrong) information about how to use the nukes. New players tend to not remember every single rule in the game, so if the card in front of them tells them they can do something, they follow the card. Having to tell someone that they can't use the nukes as intended usually results in frustration, especially when the admiral is an unrevealed cylon player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brilliant, i'm pretty sure that's what my card says - I must have the correct one (I'll double check when I get home - 3 hours, approx)

...Out of curiosity, what does the wrong card say about using nukes; your card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfox4 wrote:
...Out of curiosity, what does the wrong card say about using nukes; your card?

My wrong card is identical except for the final italic paragraph about the effect of nukes - which says: "Nukes damage a basestar twice on a roll of 2-6, and automatically destroy a basestar on a roll of 7-8."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star Fox
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Keep busy to keep happy.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

Thank you for offering! Here is what the correct title card looks like:
Admiral Title Card

Yep, That's the exact card I have.

Found it at the bottom of the Pegasus box along with loads of spare plastic sleeves, and those giant cardboard punch hole things that had all the ally/piloting tokens on them originally (Probably should have thrown those away by now)
Anyway, i'll GM you, and then we can sort out address/postage
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.