Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the Cyanide versions of Blood Bowl, but never picked up Dungeonbowl as you had to play it Multiplayer.

Has anyone picked up Dungeonbowl: Knockout Edition which now includes AI? If so can you give me your thoughts on how it plays and what the campaign is like as there are no reviews online yet.

Apparently you get 10 schools of magic to build teams for with mixed race teams, so it should be pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I need this! Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got this last night, and I think it's pretty awesome. I was in the same boat as a lot of people in that I didn't want to get such a "niche" game that could only be played realtime multiplayer. But now that this has AI it is more than worth the current $15 on Steam.

There is no tutorial, but I'm familiar with vanilla BB, so I dove right in against the Easy CPU level and was able to figure it out after losing a game and reading through the in game instructions.

One thing I wish is that you could get rid of turn time limits when you are playing against the computer. It's just lazy developing, imo, to not include that option. But pausing the game stops the countdown, at least in offline mode, so at least you can pause it if you have to go to the bathroom or whatever.

Oh, and there is no offline campaign. Only skirmish matches against the CPU or hotseat. That doesn't personally bother me, though. Although I know some people are/will be disappointed by that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike West
United Kingdom
GUILDFORD
SURREY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tigerwiccan wrote:
So I got this last night, and I think it's pretty awesome. I was in the same boat as a lot of people in that I didn't want to get such a "niche" game that could only be played realtime multiplayer. But now that this has AI it is more than worth the current $15 on Steam.

There is no tutorial, but I'm familiar with vanilla BB, so I dove right in against the Easy CPU level and was able to figure it out after losing a game and reading through the in game instructions.

One thing I wish is that you could get rid of turn time limits when you are playing against the computer. It's just lazy developing, imo, to not include that option. But pausing the game stops the countdown, at least in offline mode, so at least you can pause it if you have to go to the bathroom or whatever.

Oh, and there is no offline campaign. Only skirmish matches against the CPU or hotseat. That doesn't personally bother me, though. Although I know some people are/will be disappointed by that.

Gah, no campaign?

That's the main reason to play it single player, to start with a rubbish team and gradually build it up...

Sounds interesting, i might pick it up in a silly sale at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg White
msg tools
When you say "no campaign" does that also exclude the ability to play one off games and develop the team?

Or is team development entirely out of the question and every one off game has a pre-built team?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gregory_n_white wrote:
When you say "no campaign" does that also exclude the ability to play one off games and develop the team?

Or is team development entirely out of the question and every one off game has a pre-built team?

Cheers

From what I have read, you can make a custom team in online mode and them play them in offline matches, but nothing that happens to a team in an offline game is saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Gitman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
"Custom" doesn't mean much in this case, as you can't change the names or skins of your characters. Seriously poor purchase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gitteau wrote:
"Custom" doesn't mean much in this case, as you can't change the names or skins of your characters. Seriously poor purchase.

Really? This is a poor purchase because you can't change the names of the players?

To each their own, I suppose. I'm having fun with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.