LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just recently picked up the game in a trade. Played it a few times solo and really enjoying it.

This weekend I will be seeing some friends probably 3 of us, maybe 4. Is it possible to play the game more than 2 player with just one base game and some of the expansions? (Besides not having enough threat trackers.) Thanks!

I have:

Base
Khazad-dum + 3 of its adventure packs
On the Doorstep
The Black Riders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger S.
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, definitely possible. As you noted, just have an alternate way to track threat available for the other 2 players (e.g. pen and paper, dice, etc...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Calin
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As long as you can make 3 or 4 decks of 50 cards each and find replacements for the counters, there's nothing stopping you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Awesome thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Karl
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just picked up the base game and I'm really loving it. I'm a bit intimidated by the number of expansions, but I guess I have lots of time to acquire them all

Is it not possible to player this game four player using just the four basic decks that come with the core set? Or is that kind of "cheating" since they only have 30 cards in each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Uncle Gus wrote:
I just picked up the base game and I'm really loving it. I'm a bit intimidated by the number of expansions, but I guess I have lots of time to acquire them all

Is it not possible to player this game four player using just the four basic decks that come with the core set? Or is that kind of "cheating" since they only have 30 cards in each?

It's totally possible. It's just not ideal. For one thing, the Gandalf cards will be spread pretty thin and those can be pretty vital if you only have the base Cards. So you may get stomped, but then again you may have a great experience. Again, you'll just have to figure something out for extra threat counters and tokens (dice or pen/paper and pennies work fine).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.