United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

So a few days ago I remember someone making a flippant comment about combining different mechanics like, say, area control and dexterity. Sorry, I can't remember what thread that was on. Anyway, this wormed its way into my head and as a result I have found myself mashing up one of my favourite games, El Grande, with a dexterity mechanic: tiddlywinks.

I haven't got a full game sorted yet, but I have worked through a bunch of ideas that I have discussed in my blog here.

Basically, I have found that flipping tiddlywinks onto an El Grande board is quite a fun activity and allows for some skill. I am in the process of replacing the original action cards with something more suited to this set-up, and when that is done we should end up with a workable strategic dexterity game.

I will report back, but in the meantime if anyone can spot anything I am doing that looks too stupid for words, I'd love to hear your input...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You need to change out the location spinner for a real spinner

OTOH you could just throw the dice at a board that bounces onto the board and try to aim it justly, ala tumbling dice. The number indicates the power in the region instead of the count of cubes. Then again, you could just tumble the cubes down onto the board. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:
You need to change out the location spinner for a real spinner

For spin & move El Grande! Why the devil not?!

Quote:
OTOH you could just throw the dice at a board that bounces onto the board and try to aim it justly, ala tumbling dice. The number indicates the power in the region instead of the count of cubes.

Kinda sounding like El Grande Express meets Dungeon Fighter, right?

Quote:
Then again, you could just tumble the cubes down onto the board. wow

Amerigo style towers on each space, so you chuck stuff in and don't know what's going to come out?

(Edited to get the quotes right)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.