Subject: Archived Memories rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FFG interviews one of our beloved artists discussing the creation of the look and feel of the Android Universe.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4892
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool! You can see more of Matt's art here:

http://www.mattzeilinger.com/illustration/index.html

Including Dino's sad demise.

Buy Matt's prints here:

http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/m_zeilinger/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Cool! You can see more of Matt's art here:

http://www.mattzeilinger.com/illustration/index.html

Including Dino's sad demise.

Buy Matt's prints here:

http://www.inprnt.com/gallery/m_zeilinger/

I love his work. His illustrations are easily some of my favourites to come out of A:NR.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
While you wouldn’t have seen her yet, there is also another Runner on the horizon who I am quite fond of already, due to our shared appreciation of Astronomy.

The new Anarch runner for the Spin Cycle? Or perhaps someone further down the line...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rubin
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Quote:
While you wouldn’t have seen her yet, there is also another Runner on the horizon who I am quite fond of already, due to our shared appreciation of Astronomy.

The new Anarch runner for the Spin Cycle? Or perhaps someone further down the line...
I have a feeling that I will play that runner based on theme alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Quote:

I'd guess further away - Quetzal (if she turns out to be the Lunar Cycle Anarch) doesn't seem like a stargazer; at least not from Inject. Could easily be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Thomas
United States
Palmyra
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out our journey at http://colinbethanyadopt.wordpress.com
badge
"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination." - The First Ideal of the Lightweavers (The Stormlight Archive)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool article, but when I saw the Android (not Netrunner) logo, I was hoping for an Android expansion announcement... oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hedberg
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Quote:

Probably Nasir Meidan. He has an astrolabe. Plus Matt illustrated him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Loneliest Banana wrote:
Sassycat wrote:
Quote:

Except he said 'she' 'her'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Gabel
United States
Ooltewah
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Secretly John Masanori
mbmbmbmbmb
The Loneliest Banana wrote:
Sassycat wrote:
Quote:

Also, the astrolab, while useful for astronomy, is much more useful for navigation, hence exploration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They'll almost certainly be talking about Leela of Satelite Uplink and Lag Time fame. I mean, astronomy, female, and her picture is one of his and in the article.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
legroove wrote:
They'll almost certainly be talking about Leela of Satelite Uplink and Lag Time fame. I mean, astronomy, female, and her picture is one of his and in the article.

He did say that we "wouldn't have seen her yet."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Duncan
United Kingdom
Ellon
Aberdeenshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
legroove wrote:

He did say that we "wouldn't have seen her yet."

You're quite right, I just took that to mean that we hadn't seen any inkling of her being an ID yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leela was already announced as a runner in upstalk a while back. At least we have seen her card, though not outside of a card fan I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Lefebvre
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing she'll be a Shaper runner and that her console is Astrolabe. Nasir will probably get his own (I really don't see the connection between the two anyway).

We know cards are prepared very long in advance before reveal, so I'm guessing she'll be in the next cycle, or there might be a second Shaper ID in this cycle (I don't believe it's been confirmed that each faction gets one this cycle, more that each pack has one).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Despite not knowing what the next cycle is about, I'd be a little surprised if astronomy lady wasn't in the one about the moon, which would pretty much narrow it down to Quetzal and Leela. We also don't know for sure that this interview was done after the All That Remains preview went up (or even how closely Matt follows the previews, for that matter).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Phoenixio wrote:
I'm guessing she'll be a Shaper runner and that her console is Astrolabe. Nasir will probably get his own (I really don't see the connection between the two anyway).

He's a cyber explorer. An astrolabe is a tool for exploration and cartography, as denoted by his quotation in the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James D.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
Phoenixio wrote:

He's a cyber explorer. An astrolabe is a tool for exploration and cartography, as denoted by his quotation in the card.

Cha-ching! Give this man a cookie... He paid attention in History class!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.