Popular Tags: [View All]
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmb
Hello

Can you tell what will you choose between Tigris and Euphrates and Imperial for 2 player games?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think T&E only works for 2 players if you use a smaller map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigris and Euphrates

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigris!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
United States
Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial is utterly brilliant, but not so hot for two players. That, and people who say T&E isn't great for two are very wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
MG
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danutzek wrote:
Hello

Can you tell what will you choose between Tigris and Euphrates and Imperial for 2 player games?

Thank you.

Those are my two favorite games, but I actually never played Imperial with two people. I do have many 2p T&E plays, virtually all of them at BGG.

My opinion about 2-player T&E is that it is not as good as with 3 or 4, because one of the greatest thing about T&E is seeing how your neighbors evolve and carefully chose where to grow and how to trigger the external conflicts. You lose a lot with two players because there's only one person to attack, and so the only strategic option is choosing the point of contact between kingdoms and the order of conflict resolution. I would still play with two players if I had the opportunity, but I guess it would be nice to introduce a resign option, because if one player gets an extremely good outcome in the first conflict, it is very, very hard to come back and the rest of the game will basically be a torture.

As I said, I never played Imperial with two in order to choose what would be the best between both, but I guess it would still be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like T&E best with 3, then 4, then 2. But it's not bad with two. I have no experience of Imperial, so I can't give you that comparison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Romain Jacques
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love both games.

I will play a 2-player game of Imperial only to teach the game.

Tigris is better at three or at four (with the big map). It is also good at two, but it is a different game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmb
Thank you so much for your opinions. I will take them into consideration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filip Cam
Belgium
Kontich
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would only play 2p T&E with someone who also knows T&E already and loves it. I wouldn't recommend 2p T&E to a new player.

I would never play Imperial 2p.

Instead of either T&E or Imperial, I'd recommend Antike: Duellum which is made for 2p and is by the same author as Imperial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am in the minority, but I love Imperial with two players. It feels like a chess match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
dios_et_dios wrote:
I am in the minority, but I love Imperial with two players. It feels like a chess match.
When I want to play a two player game that feels like a chess match, I play chess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.