Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So there have been many characters we have read about and seen on other Netrunner cards. Sometimes they end up being runners, sometimes they are actually connection resources for runners. I just thought I'd collect up our current pool of existing names and maybe we could work out what we think will happen with them.

Probably Shaper
Ele "Smoke" Scovak: Perhaps the most visually referenced Runner we have yet to see: She's referenced quite a bit, but most of all on Shaper cards.
-Notoriety (depicted)
-Daily Casts (depicted)
-Datapike (quoted)
-The Maker's Eye (quoted)
-Wall of Static (quoted)
-The Source (depicted)

Probably Criminal
Lez "Rockfist" S.: When I read the first quote from this guy, I thought he'd be a Connection that searches for Resources. Well, probably wrong due to Hostage. Could still be a connection.
-Crash Space (quoted)

Probably Anarch
Quetzal: Depicted and referenced on Inject. Potentially the Anarch Runner in the Lunar Cycle's third pack, "First Contact".
-Inject (depicted & quoted)

revenant: Dark and poetic. Could also easily be a Shaper.
-Dagger (quoted)
-Cloak (quoted- uncredited)

Astronomoy themed Runner: Referenced here. Could this be one of the others listed above?

Probably a Neutral Runner
G00ru: The most quoted runner. Seems very in-line with the l33t hacker themes appearing on some Anarch cards, but he appears in all factions! Perhaps he could be a neutral Runner.
-Whirlpool (quoted)
-Corroder (quoted)
-Levy University (quoted)
-Sneakdoor Beta (quoted)
-Torch (referenced in quote)
-Hadrian's Wall (quoted)
-Howler (quoted)
-Tsurugi (quoted)

Probably a Resource
Matt "TheMerc" Thomas: He's shown handling a lot of data, but we've only seen him once. Could be a Shaper.
-Freelance Coding Contract (depicted & quoted)

This is kind of a work in progress and I intend to keep updating. Let me know of anything missing, wrong, or to add and I will!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
g00ru's origin mythos is on Torch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Olympia
WA
flag msg tools
Thou art I... Thou hast acquired a new vow.
badge
With the birth of the BOARD GAMES Persona, you have obtained the winds of blessing that shall lead to freedom and new power.
mbmbmbmbmb
Azgard12 wrote:

Michael Muhatma: He's a "professional expert" who appears in many places often, doling out advice much like the professor would...
-Daily Casts (quoted)

Michael Muhatma is very anti-Runner in his quotes, he seems more like a corporate cyber security consultant or something. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an asset.

He is also quoted on Motivation.

g00ru's wisdom is also quoted on Hadrian's Wall and Whirlpool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sassycat wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:

Michael Muhatma: He's a "professional expert" who appears in many places often, doling out advice much like the professor would...
-Daily Casts (quoted)

Michael Muhatma is very anti-Runner in his quotes, he seems more like a corporate cyber security consultant or something. I wouldn't be surprised to see him as an asset.

He is also quoted on Motivation.

g00ru's wisdom is also quoted on Hadrian's Wall and Whirlpool.

You're right about Michael... I suppose I read his quotes sarcastically before considering the context.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I continue to believe that g00ru bas been assimilated to the net and might be featured as a program or resource (one of the fabled pieces of the source protocols that the runners and corps are racing for in Lunar Cycle perhaps?) or probably never at all be more than myth and fable in flavor text.

I'm not a fan of g00ru as a runner so much because it ruins the mysticism for me, but someone on reddit proposed the idea of a g00ru runner ID in each of the factions, and that does seem kinda neat. Each one could be either different aspects of his personality or him at different ages/times of his life.

Edit: ah, here it is. I didn't quite remember it right.

The other idea proposed was that the three IDs for g00ru could be three entirely different people taking on the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:
I'm not a fan of g00ru as a runner so much because it ruins the mysticism for me...

I get this. Even though we know so little, he's been hyped... and yeah.

Good link- I'm going to read that now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The old fashioned "Stand Alone Complex".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
b b
msg tools
You forgot Leela Patel from Satellite Uplink and upcoming Lag Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scumblr wrote:
You forgot Leela Patel from Satellite Uplink and upcoming Lag Time.

We've Seen Her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish Noren
msg tools
mbmb
Azgard12 wrote:
Astrology themed Runner: Referenced here. Could this be one of the others listed above?

Astronomy. It's a different thing. And that might be Patel (Satellite Uplink)

It's possible when they interviewed him the spoiler for Patel hadn't been posted yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also Maxx referenced on Cujo, and I have a feeling Quetzal is the Astronomy runner, due to the fact that it's hinted at it's the unrevealed identity this cycle (I.e. The Anarch) and since Quetzal is featured prominently on Inject, and also Quetzal is a shortening of Quetzalcoatl, the Mesoamerican deity god-king and creator of the heavens (I.e. Stars, I.e. Astronomy ). I could see a sort of Anarch methodology playing around with sacrifice (like Stimhack and such), as sacrifice was important to Quetzalcoatl and the Aztecs in general.

Just my two-credits.

Caveat: when someone a while ago said Quetzal might be the Anarch, I originally thought it could not be and constructively criticized the choice. I respectfully retract that now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gumOnShoe wrote:
Azgard12 wrote:
Astrology themed Runner: Referenced here. Could this be one of the others listed above?

Astronomy. It's a different thing. And that might be Patel (Satellite Uplink)

It's possible when they interviewed him the spoiler for Patel hadn't been posted yet.

Eh, Leela is a Fragmatist or Pragmatist or whatever it says, doesn't strike me as Astronomy theme, even if she happens to be in space.

Also, it's Ele "Smoke" Scovak, sorry it was bothering me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ele "Smoke" is also on The Source with Thomas Haas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ely
United States
pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could be remembering this completely incorrectly, but didn't the insert from "What Lies Ahead" talk about Whizzard meeting G00ru? I think I always assumed he was an Anarch for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jelyman wrote:
I could be remembering this completely incorrectly, but didn't the insert from "What Lies Ahead" talk about Whizzard meeting G00ru? I think I always assumed he was an Anarch for some reason.

Nope. In the insert he's talking to Mr. Li. The only thing that could possibly be a reference to g00ru in that particular insert is Mr. Li making a very vague reference to "you and... your friends..." (Speaking to Whiz).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated my first post for input. Sorry for things I've spelled incorrectly or things I had missed (I was in a hurry, but wanted to discuss this).

I do thing Quetzal could be the Astronomy Anarch- but that remains to be seen. We have not seen evidence from supporting cards yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weilong Seow
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ele "Smoke" Scovak is also depicted on Sure Gamble.

As for characters from the Android universe who haven't appeared, Louis Blaine and Floyd from Android are still not released as cards yet. Blaine had been quoted on Raymond Flint's card and Floyd has been depicted (he's the one being pointed to) and described on Experiential Data.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Ely
United States
pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is also Hugo Cash, Monica Singh, "Marilyn" 7Y3T9D, John "Animal" McEvoy, and Mr. White from Android: Infiltration. I can't Remember the npc names.

I always wanted Mr White to show up somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Ødegård
Norway
Høvik
Akershus
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spanargoman wrote:

Sure Gamble seems to be Oracle May. Hairstyle doesn't match Smoke and Sure Gamble-girl's ring/beautymark is nowhere to be seen on illustrations of Smoke. They can both be found on Oracle May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't hesitate to contribute to the Android Universe Wiki whenever you have something noteworthy. Also, a few things said here were already on the wiki.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget there are the 'Suspects' from the original Android game, too... Two of them we have already seen, Thomas Haas and Ji Reilly! Mark Henry, Eve 5A3TC, Sgt. Dejah Thoris and someone apparently called Vinnie The Strangler.

Check out the picture here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/408764/android?size=original

I think Lily Lockhart and Jimmy the Snitch also crop up? I can't remember their exact names, but Lily is a journalist and could easily be a character card of some sort connected to NBN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
goosarino strangeprawn
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
I wear overtext now.
badge
Overtext is cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There is also Hugo Cash, Monica Singh, "Marilyn" 7Y3T9D, John "Animal" McEvoy, and Mr. White from Android: Infiltration. I can't Remember the npc names.

I always wanted Mr White to show up somewhere.

Hugo is on Inside Man, and Monica and Animal are, rather wonderfully, on Infiltration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anton R.
Russia
flag msg tools
mb
Is there any evidence about their nationality?
It would be great if kroen could play with g00ru. Imho it seems very flavourous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eremiel wrote:
spanargoman wrote:

Sure Gamble seems to be Oracle May. Hairstyle doesn't match Smoke and Sure Gamble-girl's ring/beautymark is nowhere to be seen on illustrations of Smoke. They can both be found on Oracle May.

Considering Oracle May's power and the quote on Sure Gamble, I do think it is Oracle May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm definitely hoping for Lily Lockwell as an NBN Asset or Upgrade, Floyd either for Haas or as a rogue Bioroid runner, and Louis Blaine (corrupt cop and my favorite character from Android) as a Weyland card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.