Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played KB quite a bit (in person and online) but a few things came up last night and I wanted some clarification on:

1) Jumping across a location tile [DO THEY KEEP THE LOCATION TILE?]
- Example = Only one settlement is adjacent to a location and someone paddocks across it to the other side, still adjacent to the location.
- What we did = they kept the extra action location tile as we figured the move resulted in still being adjacent to the location

2) Can I claim both tiles in a location if I lost the 1st one?
- Example = Card flowerfield w/ nothing adjacent so free play. Claimed 'Tavern' with using an oracle ability; used paddock to jump across to different terrain (effectively losing that Tavern tile immediately).
- IF I placed another settlement next to that Tavern do I get the 2nd location tile [which was possible based on my 3 mandatory placements]?
- This was my decision and I opted to do something else as the Tavern ability was a waste in this game's setup.
*We would of ruled that I would of gotten that 2nd tile b/c then one would have to remember (albeit not that difficult) who got what tiles and where.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
FWIW these are both covered in Kingdom Builder FAQ, which is recommended reading for rules questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Moleman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
I was saying boo-urns
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you.

1) sweet

2)I was out-ruled when I asked that question, but luckily didn't play it so. Figured you couldn't get it, but someone brought up that you have to remember which location you previously built near after losing it -- but as stated before...not terrible difficult in this game.

Thanks for the link -- that's pretty clear.

Edit: Looked in the FAQ, did a quick search on 'Paddock' -- didn't get the answers directly. Figured it was embedded in there somewhere, but decided to clutter the rules page instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
KingD21 wrote:
Edit: Looked in the FAQ, did a quick search on 'Paddock' -- didn't get the answers directly. Figured it was embedded in there somewhere, but decided to clutter the rules page instead.

See the section "Moving your last piece from a location to a different hex touching that location". It's not really paddock-specific: the same question arises with any method of moving a settlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.