Hide
1 Posts

For Sale» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
For Sale is a game that I’ve wanted to try for a while. It is fairly highly rated, and it sounded like it would be very good quick filler. Dan, Joe, Corwin and I sat down to learn it and give it a go.

For Sale is a little different in that it is basically two separate games combined into one. In the first game, an auction is held for various buildings that are of different values. The auction mechanism is somewhat different - the buildings are auctioned in sets of four. The bidding then goes around the table. The first player to drop out of the auction gets the cheapest building and pays half of what he had bid. Ditto for the second and third player out. The last player out gets the highest valued building but has to pay the full amount of the bid.

After all the buildings have been auctioned, the second part of the game starts. In this case, four cheques of different values are auctioned. The players then play one of their acquired building cards and whoever played the highest value building gets the highest cheque, the second highest gets the second highest cheque and so on. The player with the highest total of cheques wins.

We played three games.

Game One

Score:

*Rick* - 66
Dan – 54
Corwin – 50
Joe – 46

Game Two

Score:

*Dan* - 60
Corwin – 57
Rick – 56
Joe – 53

Game Three

Score:

*Dan* - 67
Corwin – 55
Joe – 54
Rick – 42

Ratings:

Dan - 8
Corwin – 7
Joe – 5
Rick – 8

Strangely enough, I’m not a fan of blind-bidding games, but I liked For Sale quite a bit. It appears to be just a guessing game, but there much, much more than just that. Dan and Corwin also liked it. Joe didn’t take to it, however, he thought there just wasn’t much to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.