Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Sleeve question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the game is arriving tomorrow along with the expansion so I went out and bought 300 of the ultra pro pro-fit sleeves 64 x 89mm since that seemed to be the suggested size. I just got home and wanting to see how they fit I tried to use them on my thunderstone cards since they recommend the same size sleeve but the sleeves are way too thin. Whom this be a problem for when my game gets here?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I also use the ultra-pro brand cards for this game and they fit well. I found them to be a nice tight fit with only a little room left at the top near the opening.

What do you mean by too thin? The cards don't fit or the plastic is too thin?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DreamStorm wrote:
I also use the ultra-pro brand cards for this game and they fit well. I found them to be a nice tight fit with only a little room left at the top near the opening.

What do you mean by too thin? The cards don't fit or the plastic is too thin?

The cards didn't fit. Found even trying with mtg cards that the sleeve wasn't wide enough and would curve the cards a bit. Are Mk cards thinner?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Triceranuke wrote:
Are Mk cards thinner?


MK cards are quite thick.

I'd recommend FFG sleeves. Ultra pro have cut issues that can cause the card to stick out of the top of the sleeve. It's random but, in my experience, about 1 in every 4 or 5 packs have it. I used FFG clears for the cards that don't go in a deck but then I bought some cool looking Legion sleeves for the decks and advanced actions, etc. Very consistent cut, sturdy sleeve, fits great.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was referring to the width not the thickness when I asked if they were thin. I checked through it and ask three packs of mine seem to be consistent, I'm just worried about them not being wide enough and bending my cards.

What legion design did you go with?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
Triceranuke wrote:
Are Mk cards thinner?


MK cards are quite thick.

I'd recommend FFG sleeves. Ultra pro have cut issues that can cause the card to stick out of the top of the sleeve. It's random but, in my experience, about 1 in every 4 or 5 packs have it. I used FFG clears for the cards that don't go in a deck but then I bought some cool looking Legion sleeves for the decks and advanced actions, etc. Very congsistent cut, sturdy sleeve, fits great.

Arrrgh now I'm looking at the red dragon scale ones but I need 208 and I don't want to spend an extra ten bucks. I've already spent too much.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if the game is arriving tomorrow you could always try the sleeves out before buying more?

If you are sleeving, it is also worth sleeving the tactic cards since they need shuffling in solo and coop play. Having matching extra sleeves ready for the Lost Legion expansion is also a good idea.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl De Leon
msg tools
Ultra Pro 64x89 definitely doesn't fit, I bought 5 packs and needed to return the other 4 because the cards were too big and it ripped through them all. I bought the one size up, 66x91 I believe, and they fit nice.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Mejia
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
of Power
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ddeleon wrote:
Ultra Pro 64x89 definitely doesn't fit, I bought 5 packs and needed to return the other 4 because the cards were too big and it ripped through them all. I bought the one size up, 66x91 I believe, and they fit nice.

Whelp. That... Really sucks. I have to walk for an hour and a half each way to get to my game store.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Triceranuke wrote:
Ddeleon wrote:
Ultra Pro 64x89 definitely doesn't fit, I bought 5 packs and needed to return the other 4 because the cards were too big and it ripped through them all. I bought the one size up, 66x91 I believe, and they fit nice.

Whelp. That... Really sucks. I have to walk for an hour and a half each way to get to my game store.


Your flag says Chicago - is there not public transportation you can take...?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandre Lima
Brazil
Sorocaba
SP
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Triceranuke wrote:
I have to walk for an hour and a half each way to get to my game store.


Here's some motivation: I have to import most games and components and wait for at least a month :)
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
These are the ones I mentioned that I've used for Mage Knight and I assure you it was a perfect fit for the cards without bending them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trading-Card-Sleeves-Protectors-Poke...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.